What for such blind devotion. Butter oil is dream for most of public of India and in Gujrat faithfuls of one goddess are throwing it on roads.
http://epaper.bhaskar.com/detail/?id=418859&boxid=1015241230&ch=0&map=map&currentTab=tabs-1&pagedate=10/15/2013&editioncode=14&pageno=1&view=image
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Oh my god!! So much ghee went into the gutters? It could better have been given away to the poor whose children never get even a drop of ghee in their lifetime! What is the point in throwing it on the roads to please gods? :blink: :blink: :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Santhanu Suresh
Oh my god!! So much ghee went into the gutters? It could better have been given away to the poor whose children never get even a drop of ghee in their lifetime! What is the point in throwing it on the roads to please gods? :blink: :blink: :blink:

People forgot that god will happy if we give it to some one to eat. In my city people decide not to flood milk on shivratri on Shivling. In temples mike is collected and give it to old persons and child to drink.

People forgot that god will happy if we give it to some one to eat. In my city people decide not to flood milk on shivratri on Shivling. In temples mike is collected and give it to old persons and child to drink.

That is a very good gesture, the people in your city will get so many good wishes and blessings from those children and elderly! I really do not understand which gods become happy on wastage of so much milk and ghee etc. no where in our scriptures it is written that precious food stuff must be wasted to please the gods!

What for such blind devotion. Butter oil is dream for most of public of India and in Gujrat faithfuls of one goddess are throwing it on roads.
http://epaper.bhaskar.com/detail/?id=418859&boxid=1015241230&ch=0&map=map&currentTab=tabs-1&pagedate=10/15/2013&editioncode=14&pageno=1&view=image

You should see the way the milk is used for the same purpose every day in all temples, especially Shiva to bath him every day. And the milk for children is in short supply, what a shame.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Such superstitions are not restricted to Gujarat alone. This disease is spread allover the country. Even it has spread in to the political circles also. Just an example is, A place where a political rival of a certain politician held meeting the previous day, the chamchas of the politician purified the entire place with Truckloads of milk. Height of stupidity.
Devotion is always blind. There is inverse ratio between faith and reason.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

True....but in a country like ours where majority of population goes hungry and children die due to malnutrition, it pains the heart to see so much good food going waste like this, especially when it is stuff like ghee which is very expensive and is unavailable to the poor! :blink: It was for such cause that people like Dr. Narendra Dabholkar paid for with his life!

True....but in a country like ours where majority of population goes hungry and children die due to malnutrition, it pains the heart to see so much good food going waste like this, especially when it is stuff like ghee which is very expensive and is unavailable to the poor! :blink: It was for such cause that people like Dr. Narendra Dabholkar paid for with his life!

Narendra Dabholkar was a rationalist and not religious personality. Devotees are always blind.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

A person can serve God best by serving the needy people and the people in your city has done that. I hope that it will inspire other people to do something similar. But its true that people do tend to behave irrationally where religions are concerned.

A person can serve God best by serving the needy people and the people in your city has done that. I hope that it will inspire other people to do something similar. But its true that people do tend to behave irrationally where religions are concerned.

Manava Seve Madhava Seva is the saying. There is no better worship higher than the service to humanity.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.