Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
This is a too much wastage of ghee. Ghee is one of the expensive food item. It's really dream of poor people.
This is really blind faith.

Irrespective of the cost, any food meant for consumption should not be thrown in the gutters. Someone may be anxiously waiting for that morsel which was thrown in the gutter. Think about them.

So true, food items should not be wasted instead devotees should donate them to needy ones. There are lot of people looking anxiously for their next meal.

In some pilgrimages in my state there are voluntary organizations who collect the waste food and distribute to the needy. In this endeavor, some families come all the way from the nearby areas to take part in this noble deed on their own expenses.

It is good sign of improvement, for last two years in my city milk which devotee bring to bath shivling is used for making khir and distributing to old persons, childs and to patients in hospital.

It sure is good sign, you are well aware that in my original state of Punjab how we manage to feed people all seven days of a week regularly without wasting a grain of food. Every one makes a combined effort to feed people from every religions in Langars.

Yes I know Langar is rich tradition of Punjab. My city is adjoining with punjab and its culture is also Punjabi so I know much about it.
This is a too much wastage of ghee. Ghee is one of the expensive food item. It's really dream of poor people.

Irrespective of the cost, any food meant for consumption should not be thrown in the gutters. Someone may be anxiously waiting for that morsel which was thrown in the gutter. Think about them.

So true, food items should not be wasted instead devotees should donate them to needy ones. There are lot of people looking anxiously for their next meal.

In some pilgrimages in my state there are voluntary organizations who collect the waste food and distribute to the needy. In this endeavor, some families come all the way from the nearby areas to take part in this noble deed on their own expenses.

It is good sign of improvement, for last two years in my city milk which devotee bring to bath shivling is used for making khir and distributing to old persons, childs and to patients in hospital.

It sure is good sign, you are well aware that in my original state of Punjab how we manage to feed people all seven days of a week regularly without wasting a grain of food. Every one makes a combined effort to feed people from every religions in Langars.

Yes I know Langar is rich tradition of Punjab. My city is adjoining with punjab and its culture is also Punjabi so I know much about it.

Langars are found everywhere in the country. Even in South you find them. In my place, "Gurudwara road' is a prominent landmark. Their hospitality is exemplary. Their "SatSangats" are well received by all the communities here.

Langars are found everywhere in the country. Even in South you find them. In my place, "Gurudwara road' is a prominent landmark. Their hospitality is exemplary. Their "SatSangats" are well received by all the communities here.

There is a big Gurudwara at about 2 km from my local place which serves 24x7x365 to anyone who cares to go there. The food is as good and plenty as at any 3 star restaurant back in our country

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

There is a big Gurudwara at about 2 km from my local place which serves 24x7x365 to anyone who cares to go there. The food is as good and plenty as at any 3 star restaurant back in our country

Another heartening aspect of Langar is, they add the local color to their food served in Langars. Many Ladies offer their service to work in the kitchen of Langars. The Langars encourage these ladies to prepare Dal in the south Indian style for the thick Rotis.

Another heartening aspect of Langar is, they add the local color to their food served in Langars. Many Ladies offer their service to work in the kitchen of Langars. The Langars encourage these ladies to prepare Dal in the south Indian style for the thick Rotis.

Yes every thing is done by ladies here apart the service part of it which is done by children and gents who do it voluntarily including cleaning. They have kept their menu strictly Punjabi here but added few more sweets and cold drinks.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Yes every thing is done by ladies here apart the service part of it which is done by children and gents who do it voluntarily including cleaning. They have kept their menu strictly Punjabi here but added few more sweets and cold drinks.

One thing I can say for sure is Langars succeeded in promoting the concept, Serving humanity itself is serving god.'

Every city of India have Gurudwars so Langars is essential. Hospitality is tradition of Sikh religion. It is nice thing that all comunities like Sansang. message of all religion are same.

Every city of India have Gurudwars so Langars is essential. Hospitality is tradition of Sikh religion. It is nice thing that all comunities like Sansang. message of all religion are same.
Ancient religion such as Sanatan Dharma has the same set of rules and performance in front of Lord and it is the devotees who tried hard to innovate in such situations.

http://mohanmekap.com/

In my place, many people are not aware of "Sikhism." But they are attracted to the community welfare activities in Gurudwara. Telugu people are voluntarily coming forward to render services like Kar Seva.
I have heard about pouring of milk, and here pouring of ghee on Lords is completely new to me.

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.