Now men in posh colonies of Agra are on back foot. It is women's turn to gather in late night card parties with alcoholic drinks. It is reported in local daily that the women belonging to big business houses gather in prearranged parties of card games. The stakes are in lakhs of rupees. The women joining these parties are asked to tell in advance what type of drink they would like. alcoholic drinks are more common.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Now men in posh colonies of Agra are on back foot. It is women's turn to gather in late night card parties with alcoholic drinks. It is reported in local daily that the women belonging to big business houses gather in prearranged parties of card games. The stakes are in lakhs of rupees. The women joining these parties are asked to tell in advance what type of drink they would like. alcoholic drinks are more common.

Traditions are changing, women named it social drink.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

This happens regularly in bigger cities but now it is spreading to smaller cities as well....I guess women have as much right as men to spend their time drinking and playing cards...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar, mohan manohar
Women are trying to be men. Is it part of modernisation? This has not yet started in Kolkata.
Women are trying to be men. Is it part of modernisation? This has not yet started in Kolkata.

This practice is there since long in my place Vizag. I don't know if it proves something.
In smaller town like Puri here, the Puri club is the hub of these activities, being membership of 75,000 INR here most of affluent persons and ladies are doing the same here. While at Tensa which is under RSP, Tensa club seems to be hub of these but this place is meant for males, and female and children used to come on weekends for get together and feast.

http://mohanmekap.com/

This happens regularly in bigger cities but now it is spreading to smaller cities as well....I guess women have as much right as men to spend their time drinking and playing cards...

The police would have arrested gambling men but hesitated to arrest the women. This was first experience for police. Their husbands are also annoyed as many women lost lakhs in gamble. But they are helpless before these mighty gambling and drinking women folk. :laugh:

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

This is prevalent all big and small cities among women who have money to spend and no family members to oppose such activities. There are such kitty party clubs where women only come together to flaunt their expensive belongings and gossip and make merry. But there also are many such exclusive women's club where the women come together to share their talents and skills, make creative stuff to sell and divide the profits among them and also give some part of it to certain NGOs. There are many such cl;ubs in Pune and Maharashtra called as Bachat Gat or Savings club where the educated women teach women from deprived sections skills to make themselves economically independent, help them open bank accounts, encourage to save for future, teach them better hygiene for self and family, etc. which is quite commendable.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, mohan manohar

The police would have arrested gambling men but hesitated to arrest the women. This was first experience for police. Their husbands are also annoyed as many women lost lakhs in gamble. But they are helpless before these mighty gambling and drinking women folk. :laugh:

Personally I am against such wasteful expenditure whether it is done by men or women, but our society is such that when a woman does the same thing that a men does it gets blown out of proportion...I feel that if the police did their duty the women would learn a lesson and may be tone down !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

This may be termed an expression of "modern civilization". Not that the women should not have equal freedom in comparison to men. There is a general degradation in Indian value system particularly among the moneyed class. Men go to midnight parties, so do women. Men can drink in public so can women. Men can have extramarital affairs and physical relationship, so can women. In some places, young persons who are still in the last teen year, can be seen drinking alcoholic drinks with seniors. So called Indian culture is something out of fashion now.

I am agree with you when all are saying than women are equal to men than they also have right to spend thier time as they like. But it is not in interest of them and their families.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.