The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Come festive season and markets are flooded with sweets poisonous and harmful to health. The police goes around arresting businessmen selling artificial "mawa" and sweet makers using this brand. This goes on like the Tom and Jerry episodes. Can there not be definite quality control measure which can stop conscienceless men from playing with people's health?

We should prefer fruits to sweets. Dry fruits are good substitute. Even if we buy sweets, we should not prefer colored ones. The colors used in sweets are chemical.
I prefer to eat plenty of sweets and that too near to native place so that I could watch how it is being built, it is about the same shops from my child hoods, and it is about observing festival of lights. :woohoo:

http://mohanmekap.com/

Come festive season and markets are flooded with sweets poisonous and harmful to health. The police goes around arresting businessmen selling artificial "mawa" and sweet makers using this brand. This goes on like the Tom and Jerry episodes. Can there not be definite quality control measure which can stop conscienceless men from playing with people's health?

We should prefer fruits to sweets. Dry fruits are good substitute. Even if we buy sweets, we should not prefer colored ones. The colors used in sweets are chemical.
I prefer to eat plenty of sweets and that too near to native place so that I could watch how it is being built, it is about the same shops from my child hoods, and it is about observing festival of lights. :woohoo:

Its a different Deepavali here in AP, where very less importance is given to sweets.
Thank you said by: mohan manohar
Friends I really don't have any choice. Bengalis start eating randomly from Durga Puja till Bhatridwitiya. I have cooked and ate many things. I am gaining weight. I have measured my weight. It is increasing by 1 kg every day.

1 kg per day ? That is too much gain, but as long as you lose some of it after the festivities I guess its ok....I am sure I too have put on some weight after all the sweets I have been eating since the past week...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

We have celebrated Diwali. Hence the topic is now irrelevant. Let us hence close this topic till next Deepawali. Thanks foir discussion.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.