Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Reading a good book has therapeutic benefits. It relieves your mind from stress by shifting off your focus from day to day grinding. A good book, if read before going to sleep will ensure a good sleep.

"a good book"?? How do you access one as a good book? A book that might be of interest to me may not be of your interest. Or do you consider certain books to be of therapeutic benefits irrespective of one's interest?

One need not be an expert to know if a book's protagonist is of a positive character or otherwise. This is what the study conducted reveals. If its good for me, it need not be necessarily a good book for you. Some people are afraid of ghost stories. If the protagonist is a blood sucking human,it may leave a bad impression on your mind. But for me it's not.
Reading a good book has therapeutic benefits. It relieves your mind from stress by shifting off your focus from day to day grinding. A good book, if read before going to sleep will ensure a good sleep.

"a good book"?? How do you access one as a good book? A book that might be of interest to me may not be of your interest. Or do you consider certain books to be of therapeutic benefits irrespective of one's interest?

One need not be an expert to know if a book's protagonist is of a positive character or otherwise. This is what the study conducted reveals. If its good for me, it need not be necessarily a good book for you. Some people are afraid of ghost stories. If the protagonist is a blood sucking human,it may leave a bad impression on your mind. But for me it's not.

Sorry, but I don't think I understood your point here. I agree that some books affect the human brain. But therapeutic benefits of books?? Reading a book on self-improvement subjects would have good impact on everyone - I doubt!

Sorry, but I don't think I understood your point here. I agree that some books affect the human brain. But therapeutic benefits of books?? Reading a book on self-improvement subjects would have good impact on everyone - I doubt!

My personal experience is ,after a hectic day's work, I settle with a Jeffrey Archer. I'm an ardent fan of the writer. I'm well aware that his themes are quite suitable to me. The result is a sound uninterrupted sleep for 7 hours. Prior to this I had a problem of insomnia. Nothing worked for me. No pills or drugs. My book reading habit has solved my chronic insomnia.
I too normally read at least a few pages at bed time and before I know I am fast asleep...Reading is a very relaxing hobby unless it is filled with a lo of thrilling details.even that becomes a routine after you have read many such books..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

My personal experience is ,after a hectic day's work, I settle with a Jeffrey Archer. I'm an ardent fan of the writer. I'm well aware that his themes are quite suitable to me. The result is a sound uninterrupted sleep for 7 hours. Prior to this I had a problem of insomnia. Nothing worked for me. No pills or drugs. My book reading habit has solved my chronic insomnia.

Oh, That sounds magnificent. I got your point right now. Well I settle for a sound walk along the less-noisy streets in the late evening almost every working day.... I already read a lot the entire day due to my profession, lot of them impacting my brain in different ways! LOL!! I love reading my likable books mostly during the weekends.

Oh, That sounds magnificent. I got your point right now. Well I settle for a sound walk along the less-noisy streets in the late evening almost every working day.... I already read a lot the entire day due to my profession, lot of them impacting my brain in different ways! LOL!! I love reading my likable books mostly during the weekends.

A book you like is capable of lifting you bodily into a different world. It's enough to keep you away from stress born out of day to day grind.

A book you like is capable of lifting you bodily into a different world. It's enough to keep you away from stress born out of day to day grind.

Very true ! I feel that the knowledge and information also gives you confidence....You are allways getting some inputs which is bound to change your thinking at least to some extent !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Very true ! I feel that the knowledge and information also gives you confidence....You are allways getting some inputs which is bound to change your thinking at least to some extent !

Very true...reading books even help change your perspective to a more wider scope and helps you see things differently! For me, books like Gone with the Wind and Atlas Shrugged have always been therapeutic! For lightening my mood I turn to P. G. Wodehouse!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Very true...reading books even help change your perspective to a more wider scope and helps you see things differently! For me, books like Gone with the Wind and Atlas Shrugged have always been therapeutic! For lightening my mood I turn to P. G. Wodehouse!

Lately I have been reading "I'm Ok You are OK" by Thomas Harris... and of course one of my favorite books - "Who Moved My Cheese" - Although I have read these books before, I enjoy reading them again - helps me when I am really stressed!

Lately I have been reading "I'm Ok You are OK" by Thomas Harris... and of course one of my favorite books - "Who Moved My Cheese" - Although I have read these books before, I enjoy reading them again - helps me when I am really stressed!

Yes, Samir, books help relive stress to a great extent and everyone's choice of books in such situation is different, but once you find out what kind of books help, you should read them religiously!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.