Here are some non veg pickles manufactured in India, especially Kerala.

http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/photos/9-irresistible-non-veg-pickles-from-across-india-slideshow/

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In Mangalore we normally have a range of pickles made with shrimps and mussles. The prawn pickles made here are very popular and are exported to other cities.I too make some at home when prawns are available in plenty !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Here are some non veg pickles manufactured in India, especially Kerala.

http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/photos/9-irresistible-non-veg-pickles-from-across-india-slideshow/

Nice to know about non-vegetarian pickles. I wish to try all of the 9 pickles. Till date most people know vegetarian pickle.... Nice sharing.
I love prawn pickles. It is very popular among Bengalis. It is prepared in Kolkata also. The proportion of spices and the spices used will be different compared to the one prepared in Kerala.
I love prawn pickles. It is very popular among Bengalis. It is prepared in Kolkata also. The proportion of spices and the spices used will be different compared to the one prepared in Kerala.

Yes it varies from place to place. Kerala pickles will contain more spices.
Friends the pickles of chicken and mutton is mostly prepared by the Muslims. They have secret recipe which they don't share with others.
Friends the pickles of chicken and mutton is mostly prepared by the Muslims. They have secret recipe which they don't share with others.

I don't think so. In my stat AP chicken Pickles are prepared in almost all non - Muslim communities.

I don't think so. In my stat AP chicken Pickles are prepared in almost all non - Muslim communities.

This is good. Muslims have speciality to prepare them in large quantity and it remains fresh years after years.

This is good. Muslims have speciality to prepare them in large quantity and it remains fresh years after years.

All pickles are supposed to stay longer without getting spoiled or losing taste. For this we add preservatives

Pickles are famous or rather Andhra is known for its tasty pickles.I too have eaten some non veg pickles, just the gravy since I dont eat meat, and it was really tasty ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Pickles are famous or rather Andhra is known for its tasty pickles.I too have eaten some non veg pickles, just the gravy since I dont eat meat, and it was really tasty ..

Andhra's topography and a long coastline makes it possible to get a rich variety of both sea and river fish. Here the most sought after pickle is made of dry fish. The fish is known as " Korra Meenu." these pickles are available in Bangalore, where there are quite a good number of Andhra restaurants.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.