Yesterday was the 151th birthday of Swami Vivekananda. His birthday is celebrated as the "National Youth Day" in India. Here is a link about his life -
http://hinduism.about.com/b/2014/01/10/swami-vivekananda.htm
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yesterday was the 151th birthday of Swami Vivekananda. His birthday is celebrated as the "National Youth Day" in India. Here is a link about his life -

I read about it in the nnewspaper with refernece to some political debate ...Thanks a lot for providing the link ! Vivekananda and great men of his genre must be turning in their graves looking at what is happening today !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I read about it in the nnewspaper with refernece to some political debate ...Thanks a lot for providing the link ! Vivekananda and great men of his genre must be turning in their graves looking at what is happening today !

Ahaha. True. The youth day on the name of a great man like Swami Vivekananda is being ridiculed .How swami ji can rest in peace but turning restlessly in his grave seeing tha sad plight of the youth and the nation?
I pray for him.

Ahaha. True. The youth day on the name of a great man like Swami Vivekananda is being ridiculed .How swami ji can rest in peace but turning restlessly in his grave seeing tha sad plight of the youth and the nation?
I pray for him.

Actually many people don't understand the teachings of Swami Vivekananda. I think students must be taught philosophies and the writings of Swami Vivekananda along with Ramayana and Mahabharata in their primary schools. This can change their mind to a great extent.

I pray for him.

Actually many people don't understand the teachings of Swami Vivekananda. I think students must be taught philosophies and the writings of Swami Vivekananda along with Ramayana and Mahabharata in their primary schools. This can change their mind to a great extent.

Sure. Introducing the great people's lives, their contribution to the world are to be included in the curriculum of schools and colleges. Swamiji's speech in the World parliament of religions in Chicago was his greatest contribution to the humanity.
I know about National Youth day but cannot aware that on Birthday of Swami Vivekanand is celebrated as "National youth day"

The condition of today's youth is in a deplorable condition. I'm sure many are not aware of Swami Vivekananda and his greatness.
I know about National Youth day but cannot aware that on Birthday of Swami Vivekanand is celebrated as "National youth day"

Actually he is the best example for the youths to be like him. He lived simple and disciplines life of a sage, away from all sorts of worldly pleasures and mischief. He preferred peace rather than violence. And many other reasons are there because of which the youngsters in Kolkata and in South India preferred him a lot.

Actually he is the best example for the youths to be like him. He lived simple and disciplines life of a sage, away from all sorts of worldly pleasures and mischief. He preferred peace rather than violence. And many other reasons are there because of which the youngsters in Kolkata and in South India preferred him a lot.

You are right. Vivekananda led a simple life and advocated that righteous path is the only way to lead a happy life. Above all Vivekananda through his powerful speeches influenced many foreigners. He's responsible in erasing all the misconceptions people had. about Hinduism

You are right. Vivekananda led a simple life and advocated that righteous path is the only way to lead a happy life. Above all Vivekananda through his powerful speeches influenced many foreigners. He's responsible in erasing all the misconceptions people had. about Hinduism

Yes because of his glory and virtues, he became very famous and loved by all. He is idol of many young hearts all over the world.

Yes because of his glory and virtues, he became very famous and loved by all. He is idol of many young hearts all over the world.

His speech in the WORLD PARLIAMENT OF RELIGION, CHICAGO, made the entire world turn and look towards Hinduism with a new perspective. And his speech has become one of the 10 best speeches in the world.
Thank you said by: Devyani Sarkar
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.