Here are some healthy Indian breakfast options. Paratha and Idli are among these.

http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/photos/10-healthy-easy-indian-breakfast-slideshow/10-healthy-easy-indian-breakfast-options-photo-150346251.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Here are some healthy Indian breakfast options. Paratha and Idli are among these.

http://in.lifestyle.yahoo.com/photos/10-healthy-easy-indian-breakfast-slideshow/10-healthy-easy-indian-breakfast-options-photo-150346251.html

Of course the importance of Breakfast is well known. To avoid monotony, we in our home switch over from one variety to another ranging from wheat based to cereal based breakfast preparations.
If executed well all the Indian breakfast items are very balanced , healthy and nutritious.Traditionally Idli is had with Chutney and Sambhar and Poories and Chapathis are had with potato bhaji and Upma with curds and pickle or coconut chutney or sometimes wiith bananas.Even continental breakfast is very healthy - eggs , toast , sausages and bacon or cereals,milk and fruit are all healthy. I feel that breakfast should be as heavy as possible and then we can go light on all other meals..I do that since I am out most week days and have to eat when I get the time or feel hungry.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In my community, milk and its related products takes centerstage at break fast and supper, during my project working days at BSP I came to know about one dish of breakfast which is made of chuda, perhaps the english name is dried rice, apart from this, there are many varities of this which is in the link, thanks.

http://mohanmekap.com/

In my community, milk and its related products takes centerstage at break fast and supper, during my project working days at BSP I came to know about one dish of breakfast which is made of chuda, perhaps the english name is dried rice, apart from this, there are many varities of this which is in the link, thanks.

Breakfast should be the main and most important meal of the day. It sets the right note for an active day. They say, " Eat breakfast like monarch. Lunch like a common man. Supper like a pauper." .This says all about the importance of the breakfast. And it may be of anything you like and nutritious.
Idli is one of my favorite items. The reason is that the item is made of rice and that is not hard to digest. So, even if one does eat idlis at night, when there is hardly any exercise for the body at night, yet it is easy on the tummy.
idli-sambhar-south-indian-breakfast-banana-leaf-33600968.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
idiyappam.jpg (You do not have access to download this file.)
Idli is one of my favorite items. The reason is that the item is made of rice and that is not hard to digest. So, even if one does eat idlis at night, when there is hardly any exercise for the body at night, yet it is easy on the tummy.

Most important quality of idli is it's cooked on steam. Hence free from oils which are undesirable.

Most important quality of idli is it's cooked on steam. Hence free from oils which are undesirable.

Oh yes, that's true. There aren't any spices and masalas and even oils in the idli. However, only the sambhar can be the culprit at times if there is anything wrong in the stomach. Otherwise, it is a great food item. We often make it in our house. And I love the home made idlis.
In past I wasn't used to of it.. But now I am having breakfast regularly, but I take something light, not stuff like paratha.

ANDROIOS: http://androios-tweaks.blogspot.com

Oh yes, that's true. There aren't any spices and masalas and even oils in the idli. However, only the sambhar can be the culprit at times if there is anything wrong in the stomach. Otherwise, it is a great food item. We often make it in our house. And I love the home made idlis.

Even sambar also is heathy because it's made of pulses adding coriander leaves. The entire combo of Idli and sambar is the best for a complete breakfast.

Idlis are tasty by themselves....But we can make a lot of variety with it.I add grated carrots, chopped greens like methi leaves and coriander leaves,green chilies to the idli batter and it becomes even more nutritious and tasty..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.