The water in railway is not good to drink. High Court has issued a notice.

https://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/hc-notice-over-poor-quality-145405291.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
So like any other government enterprise in India to fail miserably in matters that matter the most! IR is actually supposed to be the biggest employer in the world and has other laudable credits too in its name, but a simple thing like providing good quality water, it fails miserably! :blink:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
The water in railway is not good to drink. High Court has issued a notice.

https://in.finance.yahoo.com/news/hc-notice-over-poor-quality-145405291.html

I wonder how this standard and age old practice of manipulating and awarding contracts to Chlorination plants in Railways has seen the light now. everything in Railways are of inferior quality, Water is just one of them.
Railway waters are bad and many people buy bottled water, but not sure whether they are pure or not, it is such a big organisation needs proper care and systemic administration to make it better served for people.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Railway waters are bad and many people buy bottled water, but not sure whether they are pure or not, it is such a big organisation needs proper care and systemic administration to make it better served for people.

You have to check the seal whenever you buy bottled water in railways because there is a fear of simple tap water from railway stations being filled in the bottles and sold to you!

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

You have to check the seal whenever you buy bottled water in railways because there is a fear of simple tap water from railway stations being filled in the bottles and sold to you!

I had checked the seal before buying the water bottle and when I opened it, water tasted hard as if It was sea water and also it contained impurities in it. Such is the service of Indian railways.

I had checked the seal before buying the water bottle and when I opened it, water tasted hard as if It was sea water and also it contained impurities in it. Such is the service of Indian railways.

I never buy anything related to Railways. I carry my water and food made in my home . Knowing fully what's the quality of Railways, expecting quality is an exercise in futility.

The seal was most surely a fake seal. You have to ensure that the plastic ring below the cap of bottle is intact AND a plastic seal around it. That way you can make sure you get good quality water.

I never buy anything related to Railways. I carry my water and food made in my home . Knowing fully what's the quality of Railways, expecting quality is an exercise in futility.

You can do it while traveling short distance but if you were traveling long distance and if you ever see the pantry of a train like Rajdhani, you would never want to eat what they give you to eat especially food prepared in trains. Thanks god most food come from star hotels packed in aluminium papers but the water is the same NEER. you never know where and how is it filled up.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You can do it while traveling short distance but if you were traveling long distance and if you ever see the pantry of a train like Rajdhani, you would never want to eat what they give you to eat especially food prepared in trains. Thanks god most food come from star hotels packed in aluminium papers but the water is the same NEER. you never know where and how is it filled up.

In case of Rajdhani, we have to eat what they provide to us as meals are included in the fare itself. Train stops at very few stations and thus getting down and buying something from local vendors on the platforms is also very difficult and they do not allow local vendors to enter inside. The only option left is either eat food provided by them or carry both food and water from home itself.
Yes water quality is not good. You need to bring own bottle of water for your journey. In many train pantry car member collects all used water bottle and again fill all bottle with water and re-sale bottle. Take care on such bottles.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.