In a very rare case of mercy, a woman saved her son's killer from hangsman noose.

https://in.news.yahoo.com/photos/iranian-mother-spares-life-of-son-s-killer-with-slap-slideshow/

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
In a very rare case of mercy, a woman saved her son's killer from hangsman noose.

https://in.news.yahoo.com/photos/iranian-mother-spares-life-of-son-s-killer-with-slap-slideshow/

Certainly a rare case of humanitarian deed. The mother of the victim thought that hanging the culprit will not bring back her son's life. It sounds unbelievable to know in today's world of 'an eye for an eye' such people are existing amidst us.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Such an act of forgiveness is indeed rare and it must have taken enormous efforts for the brave lady to make such a decision. She really belongs to a rare deed, a real mother and a woman of substance. May her tribe increase!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

A big salute to the lady who showed kindness and saved her son's killer. This is really a rare pardon and as mentioned a tight emotional slap in the face of her son's killer. Punishing someone is easy whereas forgiving them is greatness.
This is unique feature of Islamic law. In India, a mother would not be allowed to pardon her son's killer. But the Islamic law allows blood relatives to condone crime of murder.

This ism unique feature of Islamic law. In India, a mother would not be allowed to mpardon her son's killer. But the Islamic law allows blood relatives to condone crime of murder.

I have never heard of such law. It's very unique. Forgiving blood relatives without any punishment will lead to increase in the crime rate in my opinion.
This ism unique feature of Islamic law. In India, a mother would not be allowed to mpardon her son's killer. But the Islamic law allows blood relatives to condone crime of murder.

Sounds bizarre. A pardon should be irrespective of the relations. Be it a blood relation or otherwise.

I have never heard of such law. It's very unique. Forgiving blood relatives without any punishment will lead to increase in the crime rate in my opinion.

It is a law in Islamic countries that if a blood relative of the victim decides to forgive the convicted person, then he is pardoned and allowed to walk away without getting punished. But such acts of forgiveness are very rare!

It is a law in Islamic countries that if a blood relative of the victim decides to forgive the convicted person, then he is pardoned and allowed to walk away without getting punished. But such acts of forgiveness are very rare!

Some times, such forgiveness is 'mutually arranged'. Possibility of bribe can also not be ruled out. However there is some logic in the Islamic law. When somebody is murdered, the aggrieved person is family of the killed person. Only aggrieved person may forgive. In the case in the thread, the mother lost her son. so only she could forgive. Others are not affected directly. even government is not affected directly. Here I remember the case of Z.A. Bhutto who was hanged for murder. There was clemancy demand from the entire world. But the Pakistan government pleaded that only blood relation of the killed person could pardon Bhutto.

Some times, such forgiveness is 'mutually arranged'. Possibility of bribe can also not be ruled out. However there is some logic in the Islamic law. When somebody is murdered, the aggrieved person is family of the killed person. Only aggrieved person may forgive. In the case in the thread, the mother lost her son. so only she could forgive. Others are not affected directly. even government is not affected directly. Here I remember the case of Z.A. Bhutto who was hanged for murder. There was clemancy demand from the entire world. But the Pakistan government pleaded that only blood relation of the killed person could pardon Bhutto.

In this case, I appreciate the wisdom of the mother who thought that her son is lost. But why another mother also should suffer the agony of as she had. There is certainly a rationale in her forgiveness.. A true humanitarian consideration.

Where there are laws, there is always a possibility of bribes and Islamic countries are no less corrupt than others so obviously, such arranged clemency could well be taking place. But the fortitude and courage shown by this mother is definitely worth notice. She did not want the mother of the convicted to suffer the same fate she suffered, ie, the agony of seeing her son die young.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.