Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Good to know that Afghanistan is not as bad as Saudi Arabia.But for the Talibans, Afghanistan would have been more liberal.

The original Afghans are matched in numbers by non ethinic groups like Tajiks from Tajikistan and Uzbeks from Uzbekistan which is making political stability impossible and thus Taliban are able to dominate and they keep their supremacy by imposing harsh measures. That is why such acts as women driving cycles become acts of bravery.

It is a pity to see that all the beautiful parts of the country like the swat valley shared by both Pakistan and Afghanistan have been taken over by terror groups who are mostly being funded by Saudi Arabians and of course the Pakistani ISI. I pity the Afghanistan elected government because they will have this problem forever..
These parts are funded by Wahabi groups of Arab which are mostly constituted from elite classes of Arab group, these areas are mostly rich in nuclear atom.

http://mohanmekap.com/

Such strange views regarding everything where a woman is concerned. I guess my mum was too much ahead of her times when she rode a bicycle all around in Pune in 1960s delivering books to various libraries and shops, since her father owned a rare books shop in Pune! After her marriage, the first time my mother rode a bicycle to pay some bills in the Air Force Station she created a lot of sensation and my father came to know about it while he was on duty! :woohoo: :woohoo: She certainly rose significant number of eyebrows then! :laugh:

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Such strange views regarding everything where a woman is concerned. I guess my mum was too much ahead of her times when she rode a bicycle all around in Pune in 1960s delivering books to various libraries and shops, since her father owned a rare books shop in Pune! After her marriage, the first time my mother rode a bicycle to pay some bills in the Air Force Station she created a lot of sensation and my father came to know about it while he was on duty! :woohoo: :woohoo: She certainly rose significant number of eyebrows then! :laugh:

She sure was ahead of her times. Couple of years back a girl rode a motorcycle in our town and it attracted lot of attention. It i sbecause we used to associate outdoor world with men only. Women have proved it wrong or set it right. However in conservative societies there is a concerted effort to keep women down as a control measure to keep the existing ruling hierarchy intact.Therefore it is praiseworthy when women defy these measures.
Good to know that Afghanistan is not as bad as Saudi Arabia.But for the Talibans, Afghanistan would have been more liberal.

The original Afghans are matched in numbers by non ethinic groups like Tajiks from Tajikistan and Uzbeks from Uzbekistan which is making political stability impossible and thus Taliban are able to dominate and they keep their supremacy by imposing harsh measures. That is why such acts as women driving cycles become acts of bravery.

It is a pity to see that all the beautiful parts of the country like the swat valley shared by both Pakistan and Afghanistan have been taken over by terror groups who are mostly being funded by Saudi Arabians and of course the Pakistani ISI. I pity the Afghanistan elected government because they will have this problem forever..
These parts are funded by Wahabi groups of Arab which are mostly constituted from elite classes of Arab group, these areas are mostly rich in nuclear atom.

An average normal person anywhere in the world regardless of what religion he or she belongs to, wants to have a peaceful life . It is the few misguided missiles that spoil the entire face of humanity and even woorse are those who fund and support these maniacs. BUt this is something that cannot be eradicated . Evil and good nessexist side by side since nature has made it that way...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

She sure was ahead of her times. Couple of years back a girl rode a motorcycle in our town and it attracted lot of attention. It i sbecause we used to associate outdoor world with men only. Women have proved it wrong or set it right. However in conservative societies there is a concerted effort to keep women down as a control measure to keep the existing ruling hierarchy intact.Therefore it is praiseworthy when women defy these measures.

Only a couple of years back???? They really are left behind a lot! :blink: Like my mother, there were many more women who defied rules and conventions to get their freedom. Now in my city, women have been riding bicycles, scooters, cars etc. for the last 3 decades at leas quite freely! Now we have women bikers clubs similar to men, these biker clubs used to be the last male bastion and that has been invaded./ Women here ride even quite heavy bikes such as Royal Enfield easily. The new monorail and metro rail started in Mumbai have women drivers!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Only a couple of years back???? They really are left behind a lot! :blink: Like my mother, there were many more women who defied rules and conventions to get their freedom. Now in my city, women have been riding bicycles, scooters, cars etc. for the last 3 decades at leas quite freely! Now we have women bikers clubs similar to men, these biker clubs used to be the last male bastion and that has been invaded./ Women here ride even quite heavy bikes such as Royal Enfield easily. The new monorail and metro rail started in Mumbai have women drivers!

True. Now, India has been witnessing more and more women are breaking the shackles of orthodox and outdated life style and joining the Main stream.. Even in South India, which is supposed to be more tradition bound and orthodox. we are seeing women doing all those things which were considered once as a sacrilege.
Bicycle was symbol of women's freedom few years back and now it becomes normal.

Bicycle was never a symbol of freedom a few years ago. It was rather viewed as violation of decency. Its only now the notion has come in to vogue.
Bicycle was always symbol of women's freedom, and now thanks to encouragement from parents it has becomes a practice.

In a tradition bound country, few years ago it was considered as a sacrilege even if woman goes out for doing errands. What to talk of Cycling !!!
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.