Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Surprised to know that riding a bicycle by women is considered as vulgar :blink:
When I was in 10th standard I use to go to school on it and in our school there was cycle batch that mostly include girls ... :whistle:
It is cheapest mode of transport too.
Surprised to know that riding a bicycle by women is considered as vulgar :blink:
When I was in 10th standard I use to go to school on it and in our school there was cycle batch that mostly include girls ... :whistle:
It is cheapest mode of transport too.

Surprising but too! Riding a bicycle was considered a strict no-no for women!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Such strange views regarding everything where a woman is concerned. I guess my mum was too much ahead of her times when she rode a bicycle all around in Pune in 1960s delivering books to various libraries and shops, since her father owned a rare books shop in Pune! After her marriage, the first time my mother rode a bicycle to pay some bills in the Air Force Station she created a lot of sensation and my father came to know about it while he was on duty! :woohoo: :woohoo: She certainly rose significant number of eyebrows then! :laugh:

She sure was ahead of her times. Couple of years back a girl rode a motorcycle in our town and it attracted lot of attention. It i sbecause we used to associate outdoor world with men only. Women have proved it wrong or set it right. However in conservative societies there is a concerted effort to keep women down as a control measure to keep the existing ruling hierarchy intact.Therefore it is praiseworthy when women defy these measures.

Only a couple of years back???? They really are left behind a lot! :blink: Like my mother, there were many more women who defied rules and conventions to get their freedom. Now in my city, women have been riding bicycles, scooters, cars etc. for the last 3 decades at leas quite freely! Now we have women bikers clubs similar to men, these biker clubs used to be the last male bastion and that has been invaded./ Women here ride even quite heavy bikes such as Royal Enfield easily. The new monorail and metro rail started in Mumbai have women drivers!

I was referring to specifically the motorbike. It is still rare to see a girl driving a motorbike in my city. Other vehicles are driven by them. Yes women have conquered all previously considered male bastions. They are also patrolling on the Indo Pak border !!
Such strange views regarding everything where a woman is concerned. I guess my mum was too much ahead of her times when she rode a bicycle all around in Pune in 1960s delivering books to various libraries and shops, since her father owned a rare books shop in Pune! After her marriage, the first time my mother rode a bicycle to pay some bills in the Air Force Station she created a lot of sensation and my father came to know about it while he was on duty! :woohoo: :woohoo: She certainly rose significant number of eyebrows then! :laugh:

She sure was ahead of her times. Couple of years back a girl rode a motorcycle in our town and it attracted lot of attention. It i sbecause we used to associate outdoor world with men only. Women have proved it wrong or set it right. However in conservative societies there is a concerted effort to keep women down as a control measure to keep the existing ruling hierarchy intact.Therefore it is praiseworthy when women defy these measures.

Only a couple of years back???? They really are left behind a lot! :blink: Like my mother, there were many more women who defied rules and conventions to get their freedom. Now in my city, women have been riding bicycles, scooters, cars etc. for the last 3 decades at leas quite freely! Now we have women bikers clubs similar to men, these biker clubs used to be the last male bastion and that has been invaded./ Women here ride even quite heavy bikes such as Royal Enfield easily. The new monorail and metro rail started in Mumbai have women drivers!

I was referring to specifically the motorbike. It is still rare to see a girl driving a motorbike in my city. Other vehicles are driven by them. Yes women have conquered all previously considered male bastions. They are also patrolling on the Indo Pak border !!

Yes. Women riding a MoBike is a rarity here too. It's because of the weight. If light MoBikes are introduced, women certainly will ride.
Thank you said by: suni51
Girls ride scooters mostly but I can see number of girls riding motor bikes of all sizes freely

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Girls ride scooters mostly but I can see number of girls riding motor bikes of all sizes freely[/quote

Is that so ? I'm yet to see in my own place. Still i view it is a real symbol of freedom.

OK! That is a bit surprising for me because in my city, almost all the working girls and women have to have a mobike and even housewives too to pick up and drop their children and ferry them back and forth from a myriad number of classes, shopping, etc. etc. A mobike has become a huge necessity for women in my city!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

OK! That is a bit surprising for me because in my city, almost all the working girls and women have to have a mobike and even housewives too to pick up and drop their children and ferry them back and forth from a myriad number of classes, shopping, etc. etc. A mobike has become a huge necessity for women in my city!

It is to be expected that some cities will be ahead and some will follow. However scooters are widely used by women in my city and they also equally break traffic rules now with impunity.
A woman riding a MoBike can be seen bigger cosmopolitan cities. Mine is a big city. But not as big as other cosmopolitan cities. That's the reason why i did not see a woman riding a MoBike. MoBike or cycle, if a woman comes out using cycle or MoBike itself is a symbol of emancipation. And by all means, a good and healthy sign.
A woman riding a MoBike can be seen bigger cosmopolitan cities. Mine is a big city. But not as big as other cosmopolitan cities. That's the reason why i did not see a woman riding a MoBike. MoBike or cycle, if a woman comes out using cycle or MoBike itself is a symbol of emancipation. And by all means, a good and healthy sign.

Driving Motor cycles is much more enjoyable than scooters. I enjoyed it for about an year when my son left it with me while changing jobs. I remember thinking that I should have purchased one when I was young. However a very large number of women prefer scooters .
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.