It is noticed that celebrities for sports or film industry nominated to parliament do not even attend the house. Is this not the time the scheme of nominating them to parliament is terminated. Government has other means to communicate with sports and entertainment industry. As an alternative, instead of government nominating the celebrities, let the sports and entertainment bodies nominate their reprsentatives to parliament.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Celebrity-MPs-are-a-rare-sight-in-House/articleshow/38777721.cms?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=digest_section

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
As per the news article, if the stats of celebrities not taking active interest in the goings-on of the House is true..it is indeed high time nominating such big personalities should under go change. After all we want some betterment and need people who act as a meaning full addition to the House and not just remain as mere names in the list of nominated MPs.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Such nominated celebrities are a burden to the nation.The nation cannot bear These white elephants.
The handful of eminent persons who are nominated to the upper house are not politicians. Therefore they should not be expected to behave like politicians. They are their because of their achievements. They can contribute their ideas and suggestions even with thin attendance in the House. One should not grudge the expense on them, which is a drop in the ocean.
A nominated member can contribute his knowledge or experiences without being nominated to parliament.
Nomination is a form of recognition by the country - why grudge it.
Nomination is not the only form of recognition of one's worth. Mere asking for an advise from a person itself is a bigger recognition. After all every Tom will not asked for help.
If nomination is being resented how will other forms of recognition be accepted. Large hearts are required to recognize others contribution.
It's not resentment. It's lamenting over the lack of knowledge in the people who do not know where to place the. Worth of an individual.
If nomination is being resented how will other forms of recognition be accepted. Large hearts are required to recognize others contribution.

What I understood earlier from these type of nominations, please correct me if i am wrong, that the representatives of those respective fields nominated were done so, so that they could strive to bring about more positive changes in their chosen professions, I am not sure though. But since none of these people ever attended any sessions, it was all a pointless gesture! There are other types of recognition, plentiful, which could be still given!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

What I understood earlier from these type of nominations, please correct me if i am wrong, that the representatives of those respective fields nominated were done so, so that they could strive to bring about more positive changes in their chosen professions, I am not sure though. But since none of these people ever attended any sessions, it was all a pointless gesture! There are other types of recognition, plentiful, which could be still given!

Exactly. Nominating a person who never attends the parliament is an exercise in futility. Such eminent personalities services can be used in different other ways like advisors and consultants
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.