The pen is dead. It was murdered by the finger.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tech/computing/Have-gadgets-killed-the-mighty-pen-forever/articleshow/39048487.cms
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Very true...pen has been invariably replaced with various gadgets..mostly a smart phone.. I miss using the pen and paper to jot down anything important now. All i use is either MS-Word/Excel or notes or Evernote feature in my smart phone. Since I like using pen I do scribble in a notepad made of paper at times.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Now the new adage is, " gadget is mightier than pen."
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Good thing is that children in schools are still asked to use pen. And even in colleges and universities student have not other option but to use pen to write exams and for day to day writing purpose.

Here in India, i think elimination of pen may not be in the near future. Till then Pen will survive.
Now even in government offices... Staff uses computer to maintain their records. They use very less pen.... Pen era is Over..
Good thing is that children in schools are still asked to use pen. And even in colleges and universities student have not other option but to use pen to write exams and for day to day writing purpose.

I think in future also student use computers to write exams online.

That trend already started. But complete elimination of pen takes time. India is not a technologically elite country.

That trend already started. But complete elimination of pen takes time. India is not a technologically elite country.

I know it takes time. In the future, it might be kept in the museum for people to understand how it worked in olden days.

Well for writing exams online..it is okay. However, I still think using a pen in schools should not be eliminated altogether. Computers cannot improve a child's hand writing. Also, computers enabled with MS-Office will make children crippled, they will not think twice before taking the help of spell checker to write which is not healthy.

Well for writing exams online..it is okay. However, I still think using a pen in schools should not be eliminated altogether. Computers cannot improve a child's hand writing. Also, computers enabled with MS-Office will make children crippled, they will not think twice before taking the help of spell checker to write which is not healthy.

We should see the things in real perspective. Majority of schools lack minimum requirements like class rooms, even black boards etc. in this background , it's a dream to imagine Gadgets are going to rule the roost. Yes, may be in future Gadgets reign supreme and Pen might be replaced altogether . But not in the immediate future.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.