There is often resentment when some Hindu idol or a Muslim Mazar/ miosque need be shifted in public interest. I witnessed lot of public protests when a small temple had to be removed from Raja Mandi Railway Station Agra. The temple is still on the railway platform as Railway authorities dare not injure the 'religious sentiments'.

Now there is court ruling that religion is not above public interest.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Religion-not-above-public-interest-HC/articleshow/39259129.cms?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=digest_section

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The inconvenience of some should be bypassed for larger interest or cause of the society. I uphold the Court's verdict.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
I am all for the court ruling , however, let us sincerly hope that this is done in a fair manner by the concerned authorities ...I have seen many such instances where some religious symbols remain untouched because they hurt the sentiments of the believers and some others not ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I am all for the court ruling , however, let us sincerly hope that this is done in a fair manner by the concerned authorities ...I have seen many such instances where some religious symbols remain untouched because they hurt the sentiments of the believers and some others not ...

I agree. But such cases are at different places and each authority works according to own judgment or discretion. There can always be difference of opinion about an authority's action. But there should be some guide lins to nsur uniformity and least annoyance. It would be bettr that instead of authorities removing the religious symbols, the concerned communities be allowed to themselves dismantle aaand shift these with full dignity.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

I agree. But such cases are at different places and each authority works according to own judgment or discretion. There can always be difference of opinion about an authority's action. But there should be some guide lins to nsur uniformity and least annoyance. It would be bettr that instead of authorities removing the religious symbols, the concerned communities be allowed to themselves dismantle aaand shift these with full dignity.

True. The Corporation authorities in Vizag ensure if the worshiping place is causing inconvenence especially, inconvenience to the traffic and the public are exercising their authority and removing the worshiping place .
I agree with the bench of justice..because this is very valid point, taking care of the public interest no doubt should be given priority rather than succumbing to religious sentiments.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

There is often resentment when some Hindu idol or a Muslim Mazar/ miosque need be shifted in public interest. I witnessed lot of public protests when a small temple had to be removed from Raja Mandi Railway Station Agra. The temple is still on the railway platform as Railway authorities dare not injure the 'religious sentiments'.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Religion-not-above-public-interest-HC/articleshow/39259129.cms?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=digest_section

I'll be happiest person if they could do it without any concession to any religion. We need straight and wider roads more than encroachment on government land, the only condition is- No difference, not for anyone.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani, Mousumi Ghosh

I'll be happiest person if they could do it without any concession to any religion. We need straight and wider roads more than encroachment on government land, the only condition is- No difference, not for anyone.

Irrespective of the religion any obstruction on the roads should be removed. It should be installed elsewhere if it is necessary to do so. Such continued obstructions are mostly cursed by road users.
It has become a practice to bury an image or a relic of a religion overnight and building a structure around it. To remove it or disturb it our authorities shudder with fear. But in my place, Corporation authorities without any hesitation demolish such worshiping places even though they are not causing inconvenience to public. It's treated as unauthorized land grabbing.
It has become a practice to bury an image or a relic of a religion overnight and building a structure around it. To remove it or disturb it our authorities shudder with fear. But in my place, Corporation authorities without any hesitation demolish such worshiping places even though they are not causing inconvenience to public. It's treated as unauthorized land grabbing.

Very surprising but good action and reaction by both public and government. Hope other states also follow it.

Very surprising but good action and reaction by both public and government. Hope other states also follow it.

Of course the authorities had to face the ire of the religious fanatics. But they never yielded to it.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.