Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes. Ronald Dorn , a geologist from Arizona university discovered that certain ant species "weather" minerals in order to secrete calcium carbonate or limestone.When ants make limestone, the process traps and removes a tiny bit of carbon dioxide gas from the atmosphere.
An amazing discovery indeed which may be of immense use in reducing the Global warming.

Interesting findings. Wondering how much is our contribution in saving the globe, in comparison to ants. Any thoughts what we can do? Why not share an idea here and let everyone interested do and come back with their experiences. Just a thought!

Rajendra Kumar Pachauri, the joint winner of Nobel peace prize with Al Gore for their efforts in Global Warming, says, " even if I step out of my office for two minutes, I switch off the lights."
His quote made a dent on my heart.
Since then I followed what he said. That's my humble way of contributing to reduce Global Warming.

Great! I do ensure to do it at home when I step out... Not sure of I can or I am allowed to do in office being in the IT sector. But, I am gonna make an attempt for sure.

Worth attempting . After all Bits make huge masses at the end of the day.

Even switching off the fans before coming out of an elevator should be practiced where fans are not auto-regulated.

Our lift fans are auto regulated. I for one avoid the lift twice in a day and use stair case to save power. It's both an exercise and power conservation.

Lifts where fans and lights are switched off (auto-regulated) as soon as we step out are the best, saves and conserves electricity, because time and again I see the fan is left on inside lifts.

Also, we should use/ carry jute bags for grocery shopping and say no to polybags .

I will switch off the computer whenever i did not use it. Computers and Air conditioners are always producing lot of heat. In my office i will tell the people to shutdown the PC before they leave the place after finishing their work on that day.

Yes, this is a very appreciable act, I used to do it, switch off the monitor when going on a break or when leaving. This goes a long way in saving power.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Thank you said by: Dwarakanathan
Yes. Ronald Dorn , a geologist from Arizona university discovered that certain ant species "weather" minerals in order to secrete calcium carbonate or limestone.When ants make limestone, the process traps and removes a tiny bit of carbon dioxide gas from the atmosphere.
An amazing discovery indeed which may be of immense use in reducing the Global warming.

Interesting findings. Wondering how much is our contribution in saving the globe, in comparison to ants. Any thoughts what we can do? Why not share an idea here and let everyone interested do and come back with their experiences. Just a thought!

Rajendra Kumar Pachauri, the joint winner of Nobel peace prize with Al Gore for their efforts in Global Warming, says, " even if I step out of my office for two minutes, I switch off the lights."
Since then I followed what he said. That's my humble way of contributing to reduce Global Warming.

Great! I do ensure to do it at home when I step out... Not sure of I can or I am allowed to do in office being in the IT sector. But, I am gonna make an attempt for sure.

Even switching off the fans before coming out of an elevator should be practiced where fans are not auto-regulated.

Our lift fans are auto regulated. I for one avoid the lift twice in a day and use stair case to save power. It's both an exercise and power conservation.

Lifts where fans and lights are switched off (auto-regulated) as soon as we step out are the best, saves and conserves electricity, because time and again I see the fan is left on inside lifts.

Also, we should use/ carry jute bags for grocery shopping and say no to polybags .

I will switch off the computer whenever i did not use it. Computers and Air conditioners are always producing lot of heat. In my office i will tell the people to shutdown the PC before they leave the place after finishing their work on that day.

Yes, this is a very appreciable act, I used to do it, switch off the monitor when going on a break or when leaving. This goes a long way in saving power.

Problem with us is we take our natural resources for granted and embezzle them indiscriminately.

I make sure to switch off all electrical appliances when I move out. I am fond of gardening and so usually plant in regular intervals. Considering the reducing number of trees, I think planting helps reduce global warming.

I make sure to switch off all electrical appliances when I move out. I am fond of gardening and so usually plant in regular intervals. Considering the reducing number of trees, I think planting helps reduce global warming.

Planting a sapling certainly helps reduce global warming. It's a simple rule. If you take a loan, you are obliged to repay the loan back. Akin to this, if you cut a tree, it should be compensated by planting another tree.
" Whatever you took from the nature, must be given back." Otherwise, you will be the victim of nature's fury.
wow, its great to know that tiny ants are helping to save us from global warming.

http://www.comparenshop.in

wow, its great to know that tiny ants are helping to save us from global warming.

Tiny in size, but humongous in message. Even the spiders and Bees send messages applicable to human survival.

Tiny in size, but humongous in message. Even the spiders and Bees send messages applicable to human survival.

Yes, you are true. These insects are tiny in size but give great message to human beings. At school time we were taught a story about an ant and a king, that after badly defeated by his enemies, he got inspired by an ant who was regularly trying to climb on a wall and after some unsuccessful attempts it was able to climb on the wall. Similarly the king attempted again a war and defeated his enemies. These insects are taking care of our environment.

Yes, you are true. These insects are tiny in size but give great message to human beings. At school time we were taught a story about an ant and a king, that after badly defeated by his enemies, he got inspired by an ant who was regularly trying to climb on a wall and after some unsuccessful attempts it was able to climb on the wall. Similarly the king attempted again a war and defeated his enemies. These insects are taking care of our environment.

Yes. It was the story of King Bruce. But the insect involved was a Spider.

May be the insect was spider, but the conclusion was same.

May be the insect was spider, but the conclusion was same.

I agree. We are concerned with the message these tiny creatures are conveying.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.