often just by asking a question, we are taking the first step toward learning something new or solving a problem. Questioning is also associated with divergent thinking, which taps into our creativity. And there’s evidence to suggest that questions are highly motivating: Ask yourself a question and your mind almost can’t help going to work on finding an answer
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
often just by asking a question, we are taking the first step toward learning something new or solving a problem. Questioning is also associated with divergent thinking, which taps into our creativity. And there’s evidence to suggest that questions are highly motivating: Ask yourself a question and your mind almost can’t help going to work on finding an answer

That is very true. I have experienced this often. As I have a question in mind, I tend to find the response to it. And of course the effort you make to findings is a learning in itself.
To find a specific answer. First of all you need to think about the question. Without understanding the question. You cannot find answer. Many times question open your block mind and you start thinking about the related answer.
In fact, Socrates's style was to ask questions. These questions would provide answers. He preached in this uniqu qustion answer style.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Questioning is a most important aspect a person has to learn. It will make a big difference in one's life. Also it motivates a person to learn more. It indirectly opens the gate for learning through that one can acquire more knowledge.

Very well said, by constantly posing questions to self..and then looking for an answer to that question paves way for acquiring knowledge. This way we come to learn new things each day.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Very well said, by constantly posing questions to self..and then looking for an answer to that question paves way for acquiring knowledge. This way we come to learn new things each day.

Questioning itself means Self exploration. Can I go ahead with this Job ?
If I can, what are my strengths.
If I cannot, what are my weaknesses and how to strengthen them? etc are the ways to explore one's Self.
A question leads to another - Thats why we should patiently respond and explain when small children ask questions even if you are pressed for time.I have seen parents brushing them away or asking the children to shut up. The poor child might find its own answer through imagination or even get wrong information through others ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

A question leads to another - Thats why we should patiently respond and explain when small children ask questions even if you are pressed for time.I have seen parents brushing them away or asking the children to shut up. The poor child might find its own answer through imagination or even get wrong information through others ..

Definitely. Questioning signifies ebullience and enthusiasm. It signifies one's eagerness to know. This trait should not be nipped in the bud.
Curiosity generally gains knowledge I have seen people who are not curious to know things know lesser than people who are always curious to know more and more. :)
Curiosity generally gains knowledge I have seen people who are not curious to know things know lesser than people who are always curious to know more and more. :)

Very true. It's said, if one has that childlike curiosity, he's bound to go to places. All the greatest inventions are the result of Curiosity.
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.