Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Yes they may not constantly able to watch them but being in touch with their chid's day-to-day activities will be helpful in knowing about them more.

Using certain software it is easily possible to block inappropriate sites, also internet usage by children should also be timed.

They are known as filters. Under this head you can enlist all the websites you want to hide from your children.

But i guess it is better to opt for filters that cannot be undone by children, because google can answer any question, it even says how to undo parental control on certain websites.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yes they may not constantly able to watch them but being in touch with their chid's day-to-day activities will be helpful in knowing about them more.

Using certain software it is easily possible to block inappropriate sites, also internet usage by children should also be timed.

They are known as filters. Under this head you can enlist all the websites you want to hide from your children.

But i guess it is better to opt for filters that cannot be undone by children, because google can answer any question, it even says how to undo parental control on certain websites.

There are filters that cannot be changed by children. Only the site owner or the web master can change the filters.

There are filters that cannot be changed by children. Only the site owner or the web master can change the filters.

Well then this clarifies all my future concerns! This is indeed helpful for parents so that they don't have to turn into detectives and always on the look out to keep a tab on their children while using internet.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Well then this clarifies all my future concerns! This is indeed helpful for parents so that they don't have to turn into detectives and always on the look out to keep a tab on their children while using internet.

Rest is assured. There are several ways to stop the websites. No need of detectives.
Yes parents dont have to worry about their children while using net because of these settings. But, we cant leave them alone eventhough we enabled these settings. Children should be thought about good values & what to see and not to see. They will never see things if they know the good and bad of that. So, in this way we can make them safer.
One can never overcome curiosity and peer pressure among teenage chldren but parents should use common sense rather thsn theories on how to cope with the situation.Being too strict never helps,nor being too liberal and let them do what they want without any guidance, there is no one strict rule since each child is unique and parents too re differnt , so they should do whatever is in the best interest of their children..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
Yes leading children according to their interest will make them better individuals in future.
One can never overcome curiosity and peer pressure among teenage chldren but parents should use common sense rather thsn theories on how to cope with the situation.Being too strict never helps,nor being too liberal and let them do what they want without any guidance, there is no one strict rule since each child is unique and parents too re differnt , so they should do whatever is in the best interest of their children..

The best we can do is teach them to use their judgement in a balance way by weighing both the pros and cons of any action or decision they take. It is not possible for parents to keep a strict watch on children at all the times, which in any case, is very unhealthy. Better to let them use their judgement, and we can monitor their activities occasionally. There are some specific programmes that sends you a message or a email when your children accesses an inappropriate or dangerous site! It is a kind of snooping but where a child's safety is concerned, and as long as we do not attack his or her privacy all the time, is okay!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

If children thought that they are watched by parents they get angry and have a bad impression on their parents. Today children are brilliant than parents. If you hide anything from them they will find it out. We can solve many problem by discussing with them. If you give respect to them they will never go in the wrong direction.
If children thought that they are watched by parents they get angry and have a bad impression on their parents. Today children are brilliant than parents. If you hide anything from them they will find it out. We can solve many problem by discussing with them. If you give respect to them they will never go in the wrong direction.

True..but even many sensible children are known to give in to peer pressure and indulge in undesirable activities, have girlfriend or boyfriend etc. So it is crucial that parents do show respect to them and trust them, but at the same time also keep checking on what they do, whom they hang out with etc,

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: Dwarakanathan
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.