The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
The link is a infographics and good read, about English it is a strange language most of times no coherence in form even English natives have been suprised on this like Shaw, so mistakes bound to happen. :whistle: :whistle:[/quote

Grammatical mistakes never stop. Even the Nobel Laureates commit mistakes. They are tolerated because of the writer's stature.
This is perhaps the most discussed topic in Indian Hinglish websites. No US or British site gives it a dime because they make as many or more mistakes.

And as Indians we try to use both US and UK English, and end up mixing both most of the times, which leaves room for more errors.

US English is more tolerant than Queen's English. which is why many people opt for US English.. Of course along with errors some new words are also joining the language.

Let me inform the respected members, in a recently held survey it was discovered that English has thousands of similar words from Hindi so British learn the Hindi language with in 23 weeks and as far US and UK dictionary is concerned one can set his language on his computer.Both are acceptable everywhere in the world. No one will criticize any one for your labour or labor, flavor or flavour.

Yes, both UK and US English is acceptable, the only thing is we have to be consistent in our use while drafting something formal or in a training material.

But US English is not accepted in Indian Education system., to that matter even in American education system is not accepted in the education circles.

And if you use English version here it will have a red line under it, now which one will you write?

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

This is perhaps the most discussed topic in Indian Hinglish websites. No US or British site gives it a dime because they make as many or more mistakes.

And as Indians we try to use both US and UK English, and end up mixing both most of the times, which leaves room for more errors.

US English is more tolerant than Queen's English. which is why many people opt for US English.. Of course along with errors some new words are also joining the language.

Let me inform the respected members, in a recently held survey it was discovered that English has thousands of similar words from Hindi so British learn the Hindi language with in 23 weeks and as far US and UK dictionary is concerned one can set his language on his computer.Both are acceptable everywhere in the world. No one will criticize any one for your labour or labor, flavor or flavour.

Yes, both UK and US English is acceptable, the only thing is we have to be consistent in our use while drafting something formal or in a training material.

But US English is not accepted in Indian Education system., to that matter even in American education system is not accepted in the education circles.

And if you use English version here it will have a red line under it, now which one will you write?

For these platforms to check the spelling mistakes and to avoid that Red line i follow US English.

Exactly, we have grown up using and learning UK English, it is later on that we are exposed to the other, i mean US English, and when I came into the training industry, clients have a preference, which we have to abide by..whether to use US or UK English.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Exactly, we have grown up using and learning UK English, it is later on that we are exposed to the other, i mean US English, and when I came into the training industry, clients have a preference, which we have to abide by..whether to use US or UK English.

For business purposes and non academic purposes US English is OK. But not in the education circles.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

For business purposes and non academic purposes US English is OK. But not in the education circles.

I am sure you're talking about Indian education circle only. In most countries they are simplifying words and no deduction of marks for wrong spellings as long it's entirely not understandable.

I am sure you're talking about Indian education circle only. In most countries they are simplifying words and no deduction of marks for wrong spellings as long it's entirely not understandable.

Even Britain will not accept US English in its education circles. Regarding language Brits are more conservates. They cannot tolerate any other language except Queen's English.

Even Britain will not accept US English in its education circles. Regarding language Brits are more conservates. They cannot tolerate any other language except Queen's English.

Perhaps that's the reason Brits have fallen behind and US English has been accepted the world over.

Perhaps that's the reason Brits have fallen behind and US English has been accepted the world over.

Even the Brits prefer being fallen behind the US, but they never allow their language to be polluted . That Conservative they are. For me it looks as a madness. In this respect I respect US broad heartedness and flexibility.
Please check this link here http://ibnlive.in.com/news/did-you-loose-your-mind-while-reading-this-you-will-definitely-understand-the-10-insufferable-problems-of-a-grammar-nazi-in

It is so true..every time I see people using certain words incorrectly, I can't help but mentally correct them. There are times when we miss out a comma here and there or misspell a word...but some people really don't know how to use punctuation and frame a grammatically correct sentence. Also, they never attempt to learn the correct usage either.

Indian and Chinese are the worst when it comes to killing grammar- why not make the effort and do things properly rather do in a slipshod manner ? If you are not able to do so why not stick with your native language ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.