Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Android one which google just released, has definite two years updating with android stock, means directly from Google server updates come and its prices are lower with good hardware specification. This link is about android one, whcih google released and it is different from android mobile os which can be founf with more and more oems. :whistle: :whistle:

Yes, Google has launched Android one and India is one of first countries to get it. Probably what you have mentioned here " has definite two years updating with android stock, means directly from Google server updates come and its prices are lower with good hardware specification." is the USP of Android one, so it is sure to create a stir in the market of smart phones with prices as low as 6999/-.

While agreeing about all the good features of the present Android,for a less price. The competition in this sphere is so fierce., within few days a better featured and less priced wil be seen in the market. The manufacturer may be Ggogle itself.

Yes, people who have recently purchased a new smart phone must be cribbing already..technology keeps improving at a break neck speed and as customers we go on buying.

It's a question of survival for the manufacturers. In order to survive they have to innovate. Or else they perish.

Yes, and different features of a phone can cater to different people's needs and interests and hence the older phones (few of them) continue to rule in the market.

I too never go for a new phone as long as my older phone serves my purpose.

Yes, that is the right thing to do unless our smart phone is no longer smart enough to carry out the functions it was supposed to do..we can still continue using it.

I see the purpose not the fancy features.

Yes, you are entitled to your personal choices and preferences.

Manufacturer never force you. But lures you. I'm above getting lured

:) :) It is a very good thing to rise above all temptations.. Hail to thee! I am yet to cross this stage and many of us are in this boat.

I'm made like that. It's my nature. Buy only necessities . No impulsive buying.

Though we are digressing from the topic..but I am an impulsive buyer....yet to tame this thing. I know a person who is not into impulsive buying. Some people are made that way.

Yes. We are deviating. Let's stop.

Prices for the phone are increasing because the software used in it cost more. Android is working based on a linux kernel and who knows about the open source language can create and update the app through google play store. This is also one of the reason for android mobile phone price is less comparing with other companies.

A good information. But I won't go for this as my old phone is functioning well.

There is no need to purchase a new one until the old one is working fine. The think to note is, when you purchase a android phone you should mainly consider the ram and processor speed. You can update the OS at any time.
Abs. Android is a resource intensive mobile OS, one needs to think of RAM, ROM, CPU, GPU and battery life before finalising a phone. What is best with latest Android one or silver the code name as it is, Google specified certain hardware standards which third party OEM manufacturers have to obey for android stock mobile os. It is definitely a new phenomenon and a first step towards making Android copyrighted to Google. :whistle: :whistle:[/quote

I do the same. But in this Android a good feature that attracted me was it sunspots 7 languages. only for this feature i'm considering to buy one.And the cost factor is also low.

Some language support like German and Arabic are available in Google play store already. Hope Google will give more installed apps in their upcoming mobiles.

It may be included in future. more languages support will be an added advantage in this new version of Android

More language options will open communications channels and will be an added advantage. Let's wait and watch.

Additionally its incredibly low price i feel is the prized feature

Yes lower the prices..more no.of cell phone users will be open to buying.

That's the purpose of keeping the price low.

Yes I know, but low priced mobile phone are leading to an increase in technological/ electonic waste.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Android one which google just released, has definite two years updating with android stock, means directly from Google server updates come and its prices are lower with good hardware specification. This link is about android one, whcih google released and it is different from android mobile os which can be founf with more and more oems. :whistle: :whistle:

Yes, Google has launched Android one and India is one of first countries to get it. Probably what you have mentioned here " has definite two years updating with android stock, means directly from Google server updates come and its prices are lower with good hardware specification." is the USP of Android one, so it is sure to create a stir in the market of smart phones with prices as low as 6999/-.

While agreeing about all the good features of the present Android,for a less price. The competition in this sphere is so fierce., within few days a better featured and less priced wil be seen in the market. The manufacturer may be Ggogle itself.

Yes, people who have recently purchased a new smart phone must be cribbing already..technology keeps improving at a break neck speed and as customers we go on buying.

It's a question of survival for the manufacturers. In order to survive they have to innovate. Or else they perish.

Yes, and different features of a phone can cater to different people's needs and interests and hence the older phones (few of them) continue to rule in the market.

Yes, that is the right thing to do unless our smart phone is no longer smart enough to carry out the functions it was supposed to do..we can still continue using it.

:) :) It is a very good thing to rise above all temptations.. Hail to thee! I am yet to cross this stage and many of us are in this boat.

Though we are digressing from the topic..but I am an impulsive buyer....yet to tame this thing. I know a person who is not into impulsive buying. Some people are made that way.

Prices for the phone are increasing because the software used in it cost more. Android is working based on a linux kernel and who knows about the open source language can create and update the app through google play store. This is also one of the reason for android mobile phone price is less comparing with other companies.

A good information. But I won't go for this as my old phone is functioning well.

There is no need to purchase a new one until the old one is working fine. The think to note is, when you purchase a android phone you should mainly consider the ram and processor speed. You can update the OS at any time.
Abs. Android is a resource intensive mobile OS, one needs to think of RAM, ROM, CPU, GPU and battery life before finalising a phone. What is best with latest Android one or silver the code name as it is, Google specified certain hardware standards which third party OEM manufacturers have to obey for android stock mobile os. It is definitely a new phenomenon and a first step towards making Android copyrighted to Google. :whistle: :whistle:[/quote

I do the same. But in this Android a good feature that attracted me was it sunspots 7 languages. only for this feature i'm considering to buy one.And the cost factor is also low.

Some language support like German and Arabic are available in Google play store already. Hope Google will give more installed apps in their upcoming mobiles.

It may be included in future. more languages support will be an added advantage in this new version of Android

More language options will open communications channels and will be an added advantage. Let's wait and watch.

Yes I know, but low priced mobile phone are leading to an increase in technological/ electonic waste.

That's not the business of Manufacturer. All rules will thrown out.

Yes I know, but low priced mobile phone are leading to an increase in technological/ electronic waste.

That is very much the business of the manufacturer..it is almost like saying I wil go on using plastic bags..who cares about pollution it causes.

Yes I know, but low priced mobile phone are leading to an increase in technological/ electronic waste.

That is very much the business of the manufacturer..it is almost like saying I wil go on using plastic bags..who cares about pollution it causes.

May be. But the pollution control authorities are bought by the Manufacturers. Everything is available f for a price.

May be. But the pollution control authorities are bought by the Manufacturers. Everything is available f for a price.

Yes, now we are not concerned about electronic waste..few years back we were not concerned about using plastic bags..even now plastic bags are sold off at rupees 5 or so..so the usage is still on. Paper bags are even more expensive. Mobile phone are surely going to create a havoc in terms of pollution soon.

Yes, now we are not concerned about electronic waste..few years back we were not concerned about using plastic bags..even now plastic bags are sold off at rupees 5 or so..so the usage is still on. Paper bags are even more expensive. Mobile phone are surely going to create a havoc in terms of pollution soon.

Already creating havoc. Where are the POlluttin control laws?

Manufacturers are only looking out for profits, spending huge amount in promoting this Android one..the ad itself trying to establish the fact that a person who owns this phone will be able to do anything..ridiculous. What about and how about recycling the old phones we have. Why don't we have any ads promoting recycling...or have I missed such ads?

Manufacturers are only looking out for profits, spending huge amount in promoting this Android one..the ad itself trying to establish the fact that a person who owns this phone will be able to do anything..ridiculous. What about and how about recycling the old phones we have. Why don't we have any ads promoting recycling...or have I missed such ads?

I said already about not clearing the garbage and recycling.

Whenever new phone is introduced they are advertising the new features only. They are not increasing the internal storage size.Most of the companies using cortex processor. For a minimum storage we are giving huge price.

Whenever new phone is introduced they are advertising the new features only. They are not increasing the internal storage size.Most of the companies using cortex processor. For a minimum storage we are giving huge price.

Yes, then we need to buy memory cards in addition to the cell phone.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.