Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
:laugh: :laugh: Now it is ofence to send miss calls to women. Personally I dislike such calls. But I receive miss calls from my close lady friend. She expects me to call her after receiving the call. I'm helpless. I have to tolerate her miss calls and dare not avoid ringing her back.

http://news.oneindia.in/patna/bihar-missed-calls-to-a-woman-could-land-you-in-jail-1528923.html

A good move indeed. Strangers giving missed calls to ladies/girls at any time of the day or night should be punishable.

But what if a woman sends miss calls to a man repeatedly?

Ha.haa....if the woman is a stranger..then such women will invite punishment too...not sure though...why only in Bihar..why rules are state specific ..such problems are rampant in other states too? Some rules should be universal.

Law and order is state subject. Hence state government makes rules in this matter. There are three lists in constitution- union, state and concurrent. This is a matter of jurisdiction.

Yes, read this is in school...but don't you think that it is duty of state law makers to make certain laws uniform across the country..so that more people can benefit out of it.

What are the advantages of having a uniform law, when they are not all implemented ? It would be more than enough if the present laws are implemented effectively.
We have to abide by the constitution. We are a quasi federal country. There is well concived division of responsibiity between center and states. We should not expect uniformity in matter of functions/ responsibilities assigned to states. Education is one such matter. Each state has distinct culture, language and traditions. So educatin pattern differs from state to state. another example: Prohibition of liquer. This is a state subject. The states like Meghalaya, Nagaland, Ladakh region are not suitable for prohibition and so there can be no uniformity. Again cow slaughter ban cannot be enforced in J & K, Northeastern states and some othr places. In their wisdom, the founding fathers of Inian Republic drafted a constitution that is federal in nature giving distinct powers to states.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu
We have to abide by the constitution. We are a quasi federal country. There is well concived division of responsibiity between center and states. We should not expect uniformity in matter of functions/ responsibilities assigned to states. Education is one such matter. Each state has distinct culture, language and traditions. So educatin pattern differs from state to state. another example: Prohibition of liquer. This is a state subject. The states like Meghalaya, Nagaland, Ladakh region are not suitable for prohibition and so there can be no uniformity. Again cow slaughter ban cannot be enforced in J & K, Northeastern states and some othr places. In their wisdom, the founding fathers of Inian Republic drafted a constitution that is federal in nature giving distinct powers to states.

I'm well convinced with your examples. Yes there cannot be uniform law.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Yes, you have explained it very well with examples..so yes in some cases uniform law may not work.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

As commoners, we will be disturbed by seeing inadequacies in the law. But the truth is different. This explanation by Gulshan helped in understanding the truth.
As commoners, we will be disturbed by seeing inadequacies in the law. But the truth is different. This explanation by Gulshan helped in understanding the truth.

Inadequacy in law can be removed by central government/ state government depending on jurisdiction. So we have to pressurize or contact central government depending on jurisdiction. Law can be made efficient but this cannot be same everywhere. Also efficiency level differs from individual to individual and state to state.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Inadequacy in law can be removed by central government/ state government depending on jurisdiction. So we have to pressurize or contact central government depending on jurisdiction. Law can be made efficient but this cannot be same everywhere. Also efficiency level differs from individual to individual and state to state.

Absolutely. . The inadequacies can be brought to the notice of the concerned. Depending on jurisdiction either central government or state government can make amends or remove the inadequacies.
Its great to read that at least Bihar police have taken the missed calls menace seriously. The missed calls can be very irritating whether they are given by strangers or acquaintances.
That's a good move i must admit initiated by the Bihar Government. May be in future, other states follow the suit.
Its great to read that at least Bihar police have taken the missed calls menace seriously. The missed calls can be very irritating whether they are given by strangers or acquaintances.

Yes, true...missed calls can be irritating..esp at an odd hour.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.