The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
I have a provision in my Home budget, " Exigencies". And this is a permanent feature in my Home Budget.

Yes, even in times of emergency, we cannot withdraw more than a certain amount, in these cases having cash at your disposal helps.

if the amount reserved in Exigencies is unused, i draw that much of amount less in the following month. This way I can increase my savings too.

You manage your expenses well..most people complain that if they have more cash, they tend to spend it and hence withdraw cash as and when required. But I believe...if I don't spend..I won't have the willingness to earn..moreover, we can shop and spend using plastic money (ATM card) too....less cash less shopping rule doesn't apply on me.

Yes. That's why I'm living a blissful life. I know the difference between Want and greed.

Greed is incorrect term to be used here. Some people are impulsive buyers.

Yes I agree, it is not greed that makes you buy on impulse...At times you want to buy something because you feel it looks good on you or looks good in your home. Afterall one cannot live life like a military campaign, we need to give in to our impulses at times even if we regret it later ... :cheer:

I so very agree with you...it is good to indulge in impulsive buying an regret later..than regret of not buying at all.

It's all the same. The ultimate is "Regretting ". You have invited it.

It is good to be hard on ourselves, live by rules, but not all the times..other wise what is the use of earning..if we can't buy anything and just hoard it for future. Sometimes tomorrow never comes.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

I have a provision in my Home budget, " Exigencies". And this is a permanent feature in my Home Budget.

Yes, even in times of emergency, we cannot withdraw more than a certain amount, in these cases having cash at your disposal helps.

if the amount reserved in Exigencies is unused, i draw that much of amount less in the following month. This way I can increase my savings too.

You manage your expenses well..most people complain that if they have more cash, they tend to spend it and hence withdraw cash as and when required. But I believe...if I don't spend..I won't have the willingness to earn..moreover, we can shop and spend using plastic money (ATM card) too....less cash less shopping rule doesn't apply on me.

Yes. That's why I'm living a blissful life. I know the difference between Want and greed.

Yes I agree, it is not greed that makes you buy on impulse...At times you want to buy something because you feel it looks good on you or looks good in your home. Afterall one cannot live life like a military campaign, we need to give in to our impulses at times even if we regret it later ... :cheer:

I so very agree with you...it is good to indulge in impulsive buying an regret later..than regret of not buying at all.

It is good to be hard on ourselves, live by rules, but not all the times..other wise what is the use of earning..if we can't buy anything and just hoard it for future. Sometimes tomorrow never comes.

Every time it's possible to control our wants. Wisdom lies in knowing what's needed to you and what's not. If one lacks this trait one has to regret. Spend thrifts can never be happy.

Every time it's possible to control our wants. Wisdom lies in knowing what's needed to you and what's not. If one lacks this trait one has to regret. Spend thrifts can never be happy.

That is what I also said..live by rules, self-made restrictions..but let loose..at times using one's discretion. Spending too much is always regretted.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

That is what I also said..live by rules, self-made restrictions..but let loose..at times using one's discretion. Spending too much is always
regretted.

You said its not possible every time to control our wants. I said its possible. They are different. It seems, the thread is being dragged.

That is what I also said..live by rules, self-made restrictions..but let loose..at times using one's discretion. Spending too much is always
regretted.

You said its not possible every time to control our wants. I said its possible. They are different. It seems, the thread is being dragged.

I agree. The tread is being unnecessarily dragged with side issues. Let us close this. Thanks all for discussion.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.