Ishwar Chand Vidyasagar was a great social reformer. Today is his birthday. Let us pay homage to his memory.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Ishwar Chand Vidyasagar was a great social reformer. Today is his birthday. Let us pay homage to his memory.[/quote

My Homage to Ishwara chabdra Vidya sagar who rose from direst poverty by his sheer will to become a social reformer of eminence.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Ishwar Chand Vidyasagar was a great social reformer. Today is his birthday. Let us pay homage to his memory.

My sincere regards to one of pioneers of Bengali Renaissance, one who earned the title Vidyasaga because he amassed ocean of knowledge. Brought significant changes in Bengali literature.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

My sincere regards to one of pioneers of Bengali Renaissance, one who earned the title Vidyasaga because he amassed ocean of knowledge. Brought significant changes in Bengali literature.

He used to study under street lamps. This is his strong will to earn knowledge. A true path finder and a trail blazer.

He used to study under street lamps. This is his strong will to earn knowledge. A true path finder and a trail blazer.

I don't know much about him. Thanks for sharing the information. I searched his name in Google and find a note that he encouraged Hindu widow remarriage.

I don't know much about him. Thanks for sharing the information. I searched his name in Google and find a note that he encouraged Hindu widow remarriage.[/quote

He is a social reformer and a great educationist, who rose from a humble position to an eminent place by his sheer hard working and determination.

Thank ou for enlighening the users. I was not aware so much of literary contribution of the great leader. I simply knew him as a social reformer like Raja Ram Mohan Roy.

Thank you said by: Mousumi Ghosh
Ishwara Chandra Vidyasagar was a polymath. He is a philosopher, academic and educator.

I don't know much about him. Thanks for sharing the information. I searched his name in Google and find a note that he encouraged Hindu widow remarriage.

Widow remarriage which was initiated by Raja Ram Mohan Roy was continued by Ishwar Chand Vidyasagar.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Widow remarriage which was initiated by Raja Ram Mohan Roy was continued by Ishwar Chand Vidyasagar.

Widow marriages started by Raja Ram. Mohan Roy was continued by many social reformers in different parts of the country. Ishear Chandra has more creditable works as a reformist that made him immortal. He was a great educationist who brought many revolutionary changes in the field of education.
I feel that the work of Ishwar Chand Vidyasagar is incomplete. Otherwise there would not be so many widows deserted by their relatives and living miserably in Vrindavan (U.P.)- a fact stressed by Mathura M.P. Hema Malini.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.