Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
No doubt that Gandhi's way of life and principlews he believed in was exemplery and in my opinion not just citizens but our politicians need to follow this rather than use his name when it suits their purpose...I cannot think of a single person who can come clsoe to him in stature in the present time !

Yes politicians using the gandhi name for the sake of their selfish life. In Tamilnadu near erode a village called kavindapady where Gandhi worshiped as god and abisheka and aradana are performed on that day to Gandhi and his wife's idol on this temple.
No doubt that Gandhi's way of life and principlews he believed in was exemplery and in my opinion not just citizens but our politicians need to follow this rather than use his name when it suits their purpose...I cannot think of a single person who can come clsoe to him in stature in the present time !

Yes politicians using the gandhi name for the sake of their selfish life. In Tamilnadu near erode a village called kavindapady where Gandhi worshiped as god and abisheka and aradana are performed on that day to Gandhi and his wife's idol on this temple.

Politicians use every opportunity to gain political mileage. here is nothing new about it.

Politicians use every opportunity to gain political mileage. here is nothing new about it.

Ha ha! Politicians are giving importance to money which shows Gandhi face but they are not giving that much importance to his valuable words.

Ha ha! Politicians are giving importance to money which shows Gandhi face but they are not giving that much importance to his valuable words.

It's because People realized the true colors the politicians.

Yes, politicians use Gandhism as a bait to attract voters but certainly they don't follow Gandhism.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Yes, politicians use Gandhism as a bait to attract voters but certainly they don't follow Gandhism.

We have all seen what happened to these Pseudo secularists AND PSEUDO Gandhiists , They are thrown in the gutters.

We have all seen what happened to these Pseudo secularists AND PSEUDO Gandhiists , They are thrown in the gutters.

Real or pseudo! Fact remains that secularism and Gandhi are relevant. That is why eve the communal and fascist have to pose as secularists and Gandhian. Even the 'Hindu rashtra' votaries have to declare themselves as seculaist while painting others as pseudo seculaists. However I feel that Gandhism is not something that can be accepted in entirety. If we followed gandhi blindly, we would have only cottage industry and not made any progress. We would have been simply village econmy oriented.

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Real or pseudo! Fact remains that secularism and Gandhi are relevant. That is why eve the communal and fascist have to pose as secularists and Gandhian. Even the 'Hindu rashtra' votaries have to declare themselves as seculaist while painting others as pseudo seculaists. However I feel that Gandhism is not something that can be accepted in entirety. If we followed gandhi blindly, we would have only cottage industry and not made any progress. We would have been simply village econmy oriented.

I agree with you that Gandhism cannot be followed in full letter and spirit . The reason is Gandhism was formed keeping the then times in view. For self reliance at his time Cottage industries were necessary. But not now. Nehru, an ardent follower of Gandhi believed in Industrialization. So obviously, its clear that India should follow Gandhism suiting to the times.. For example Gandhian principles like, Cleanliness is next to Godliness is always relevant.
Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

I have seen this topic just now.

In my opinion, Mahatma Gandhi was the best human being who lived on this earth.

When we are so busy fighting among ourselves and of course with our ambitious neighbor, Pakistan, let it be clear: Mahatma Gandhi was dead against creation of Pakistan, and only Jinnah and Nehru wanted Pakistan for their own purposes.

Now, come to non-violence.  Even when the USA is trying to be, or become, the Big Brother, for the entire world, it is only peace, that is, relatively better peace in the past six years, that is saving the entire world. 

If there had been a war between, say Iran and the USA, we would have had several countries supporting either camp, and we would have been far more poorer.  When I say, "we", I mean the entire world.

How is that each war, makes every single nation, so poor, and the poor of the country, so miserable? 

For example, let us look at Iraq.  What is going on there?  After Saddam Hussein, has the country improved a bit, with all the US help?

Mahatma Gandhi was the only one who said, "there is enough for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed". 

We need to understand this statement in the light of the 2008 crisis.  What happened?  Some irresponsible investment bankers in USA played around with hard earned money of people, and that lead to massive unemployment in the USA, and economic recession throughout the world.

Moral of the story?  Please revisit Mahatma Gandhi.  Every single day, when I read his books, I feel we, as a nation, have lost values.  The world has lost its values.  The rest, as they say, is history.  I do not just like Gandhism, but would like to live by it --- to the maximum extent possible --everyday.

I do try to spread happiness in whatever little I do -- did Mahatma Gandhi not do that?

I like the concept of equality propounded by honorable father of nation. 

http://mohanmekap.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.