The union external affairs minister has come out in favor of declaring Bhagwad Geethaa as our national book. according to her gift of  the holy book to the U.S. President is a symbol of such status and now only formality remains to declare this as national book. 

But India is a secular country and this is a matter of wonder how a religious book can be national book.

Now something aout the holy book. The book is part of the bigger book- Mahabharat.  Nobody keeps Mahabharat in his home as this is likely to disturb peace. Hence Mahabharat Katha or recitation is never in a residence. This is always in a public park. Then how can Geethaa be kept in a residence. I feel that Obama as well as Japane emperor would not have yet read the book. Moreover, we dont know whether the book gifted to the two heads of state is original Sanskrit or Japanese/ English versions.  I fear that if they read the book, their family peace could be disturbed.  

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Sushma-slammed-for-plan-to-make-Gita-national-book/articleshow/45445286.cms?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=digest_section

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Geeta is not a religios book. Even in Business schooll'scurriculum Geeta is being taught. 

I too feel that Geeta is not a religious book , but a book of wisdom and even non Hindus find the concept very wise, so there is nothing wrong in making it a national book...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

A holy book is the one that is used for religious or Pooja purpose that the Geeta is not. Geeta only teaches the finer points of life especially with Indian points of views which are worth following by anyone in the world. So if decide to declare as a national book there is no harm. After all this will not be mandatory for anyone to read this book.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

I too feel that Geeta is not a religious book , but a book of wisdom and even non Hindus find the concept very wise, so there is nothing wrong in making it a national book...

Definitely. Geeta is that Bbok which offers solutions in a sublime way the ways and means to solve the day to day problems of humans.

For nothing IIM Kozhikode included in the curriculum of  Post graduate diploma in management. IIM, KOLKATA  in its MBA course in the name of Embedded Leadership Excellence has been included. IIM Bangalore is including under the name of  "Spirituality and Self development for Global leaders".

It has become a fashion to criticize whatever comes from the BJP .

Geeta has universal appeal.

Whenever Hindu related issues arises politicians as usual opposing it. You can see Christianity also spreading wide all over India these people are not opposing to that. In India all people accept the holy book of Gita and his concepts. Gita teaches what are the things people should adhere and how to over come from karma. There is no religious concept behind it.

What I feel is if the present government declares WHEAT or RICE as our national crop the opposition will brand these two as anti secular.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Whenever Hindu related issues arises politicians as usual opposing it. You can see Christianity also spreading wide all over India these people are not opposing to that. In India all people accept the holy book of Gita and his concepts. Gita teaches what are the things people should adhere and how to over come from karma. There is no religious concept behind it.

Of course, neither Ramayana nor Mahabharata nor Geethaa are religious books. These are all about kingdom, war, family dispute etc. Geeta is a book inspiring Arjun to fight the war. 

I wonder which book is Hindu religious book. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Upanishads and Manu smriti are religious books for Hindus, however outdated some of the ideas may be.....Geeta is more philosophical and introspective wisdom and not at all religious and I agree the opposition esp the Congress makes noise and creates controversy simply for the sake of doing so...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Upanishads and Manu smriti ( the hindu book of law) are religious books for Hindus, however outdated some of the ideas may be.....Geeta is more philosophical and introspective wisdom and not at all religious and I agree the opposition esp the Congress makes noise and creates controversy simply for the sake of doing so...

Upanishads and Manu smriti ( the hindu book of law) are religious books for Hindus, however outdated some of the ideas may be.....Geeta is more philosophical and introspective wisdom and not at all religious and I agree the opposition esp the Congress makes noise and creates controversy simply for the sake of doing so...

The opposition parties who are raising controversies know the SPELLING  of GEETA? Or the content of GEETA ? I doubt.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.