Should Virat Kohli be made permanent Indian test captain. last few foreign tour of Indian test cricket team has been full of horror with bad to worse performance under Dhoni. Should Kohli be made permanent? 

http://mohanmekap.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes, till he also turns into a Dhoni.

I feel Virat will not make a good captain due to his ill temperament and other activities in life. He did well as captain in one dayers but that was due to the team. He must wait for another 3 years. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Just knew Virat scored a century in the second innings also. This shows he's very capable of taking the mantle of capataincy.

When the captainship handed over from Ganguly to Dhoni he did not know much about how to tackle the things. He learned quickly and won the world cup in T20 and one day international. Virat having a similar characteristic of Ganguly and run machine like Dhoni,Tendulkar. Due to captaincy Dhoni did not playing his much amazing shots. Virat doing his best. After 2015 world cup if captaincy handed over to virat it will good for cricket in India.

When the captainship handed over from Ganguly to Dhoni he did not know much about how to tackle the things. He learned quickly and won the world cup in T20 and one day international. Virat having a similar characteristic of Ganguly and run machine like Dhoni,Tendulkar. Due to captaincy Dhoni did not playing his much amazing shots. Virat doing his best. After 2015 world cup if captaincy handed over to virat it will good for cricket in India.

Seeing his track record, I'm sure Virat has the will to learn the things and rock like determination. Even though we lost the match, that Captain material in him is clearly visible. He will certainly emerge as the Captain of both the formats. 

The case is always the opposite, see when Tendulkar was appointed captain he was not able to handle pressure so why disturb a good batsman that is doing a good job with the bat.   

The case is always the opposite, see when Tendulkar was appointed captain he was not able to handle pressure so why disturb a good batsman that is doing a good job with the bat. 

True in one way. It always depends on thetemperament of the individual and prefernces . It was true in the case of Tendulkar. Whereas Virat,knew his weaknesses , determined to overcome them .it may take time. But he dill overcome them.

He did not, look the way he handled the situation, he himself was fined for rude behavior in the last test match. He is a Punjabi that cannot control his sentiments during a crisis. That was one of the main reasons a Sikh was never handed the command of army of this country until 2004 and only two so far.

He did not, look the way he handled the situation, he himself was fined for rude behavior in the last test match. He is a Punjabi that cannot control his sentiments during a crisis. That was one of the main reasons a Sikh was never handed the command of army of this country until 2004 and only two so far.

While agreeing all above his shortcomings  you pointed out, what I want to impress upon is, there is always first time for all of us. Over a period, these short comings may be overcome. It's my optimistic opinion.

I appreciate your logic for  a Sikh not being appointed as Army Chief but Manmohan Singh was as cool as a South Indian -what happened and Modi is unlike any  typical Gujarati!!! It would be interesting to know as to which community is eminently suited for  leadership roles in India  in cricket and other areas.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.