Railway wants to improve its financial growth by putting train names as corporate company names. If this idea works in future nobody will remain the train name and everybody say that infosys train late by 2 hours and flip-kart train on time..... Anyway if they improve their service and give pleasant journey for the passengers it will be a welcome one by every persons. Tell your opinions.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/transportation/railways/amul-shatabdi-to-flipkart-chandigarh-govt-may-allow-corporate-houses-brand-trains-and-stations/articleshow/45711552.cms

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I'm least bothered about the name of the train as long as it gives good service. 

What in a name but it is a good and novel concept to generate more revenues for Indian railways and hope changing the name or making it sound fancy by appending brand names can provide the commuters better facilities and services.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

I'm confident, the services in such train will be good. Because, no corporation or organization which runs the train cannot afford to put its reputation at stake. But the costs may soar up.

Or they will end up like cheap fare airlines going bust one by one first Kingfisher, then Spice and now Goair. 

I'm optimistic about such Rail services. Railways differ from Airways. Even if the Railways are more expensive, still it's the choicest transport mode for common folks.

rambabu wrote:

I'm optimistic about such Rail services. Railways differ from Airways. Even if the Railways are more expensive, still it's the choicest transport mode for common folks.

Yes, also, most people do travel by air now even if the rates are not nominal, hence if the prices go up for railways but provide confirmed seats and all the facilities why not travel by trains. Moreover traveling by air implies we cannot carry many things, which again creates discomfort for commuters.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Mousumi Ghosh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Yes, also, most people do travel by air now even if the rates are not nominal, hence if the prices go up for railways but provide confirmed seats and all the facilities why not travel by trains. Moreover traveling by air implies we cannot carry many things, which again creates discomfort for commuters.

Exactly. Train travel has a charm of its own. It never fades or goes into oblivion.

Actually it is just for getting revenue from the corporate houses, nothing will change except names, neither services nor facilities.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
suni51 wrote:

Actually it is just for getting revenue from the corporate houses, nothing will change except names, neither services nor facilities.

Exactly. Indians are so dissimilar as groups  that it is difficult to satisfy them with single solution.

I would tend to agree that nothing will change.  The Corporate Houses may not have a big role to play at all.

Instead of this rather stupid idea, let the Railways implement a drastically different solution.  For example, one is told that the maintenance of the toilets and the cleaning of the trains is a hugely costly affair. 

Can this be done by Corporates?  For example, if a train like the prestigious Kovai express needs to be cleaned and water to be put in the right places, let one of the major corporates based in Coimbatore city, undertake this job through their own manpower, and the particular corporate can be given the permission to advertise for free or a very nominal amount, in the inside of the toilets or on the doors, or just near the windows. 

For a train like the Brindavan express, let Infosys or WIPRO or some other organization do it, as part of their CSR activity.  It is possible to find contractors, who can in turn, get trained manpower, or can train manpower for these services.  Likewise, let some of the major corporates, join together and put up a huge RO water cooler in the Bangalore Railway Station.  This will help the customers, who otherwise need to buy water for Rs.15/-, and this does become quite costly if there are four or more people who need to travel. 

Each of us can of course contribute, by not making the stations dirty.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.