Daughters always held a special place in the hearts of their Dads. How to keep this strong bond forever?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/relationships/parenting/Daughters-are-the-apple-of-a-fathers-eye/articleshow/45775834.cms

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Indeed, daughters hold a special place in their father's life, and a son is special for a mother, but i think a mom-and daughter bond is more special and strong.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

This is psycholgical.  Fathers are generally attracted to daughters and vice versa. Moms also like sons more.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Long ago, late Khushwant Singh, when he was the editor of Illustrated weekly, conducted a survey on the same subject. He said, after the survey, that the daughters even after their marriage, keep a watch about her parents. I believe in this.

rambabu wrote:

Long ago, late Khushwant Singh, when he was the editor of Illustrated weekly, conducted a survey on the same subject. He said, after the survey, that the daughters even after their marriage, keep a watch about her parents. I believe in this.

That's true...but there are exceptions to everything, a son also takes care of his parents.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Mousumi Ghosh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

That's true...but there are exceptions to everything, a son also takes care of his parents.

Very few sons take care of the parents. That's why old age homes are filled with parents discarded by their sons.

rambabu wrote:
Mousumi Ghosh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Very few sons take care of the parents. That's why old age homes are filled with parents discarded by their sons.

This remind me of a saying- My son is my son till he gets a wife; my dauhter is my daughter all my life. 

Paradoically, daughter is considered 'paraya dhan' (others'  property).   

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

While it is true that fathers and daughters do share a unique bond as do moms and sons but that should not encourage us into irrationally accept sweeping generalizations in interpreting a sociological phenomenon of advent of old age homes as arising purely out of dereliction of duties on the part of sons. I know quite a few cases where the same daughter who is so passionately loving and caring of her parents even possesively at times , is cruelly careless and insensitive to her dad and mom-in-law. There are instances galore where they torment and torture their hubbies into putting their parents away to these homes , what do we say about that?

rambabu wrote:
Mousumi Ghosh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Yes sir. You are absolutely correct. Always daughters have an extra edge towards their father than sons. He is their first hero and role model. They never leave their parents after marriage. Always,  women tend to be multi-tasking.  Women are taking care of their in-laws and parents as well along with their work.

Whatever I said, all that is from cases known to me. Sons in some cases may not be the direct reasons for the ill treatment of his parents. Daughters- in- law torture the parents of her husband, while the poor son is busy in earning the bread and butter to the family. 

The only hero ever for a girl is his father always. Though they are separated by the family after her marriage she shows her affection till her death.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.