Winter is severe throughout the world. India is not an exception. There are foods which can keep you warm in winter.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/15-common-foods-that-keep-you-warm-in-winters/1/412053.html

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes, til or sesame seeds have been known to keep us warm,so is pepper, eggs, and garlic, and ghee! And we should take these items on a regularly basis.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Even when it's not winter, Iam habituated to eat jaggery and peanuts. They are delicious. No preparation is needed.

That is the reason why jaggery, peanuts and sesame are the chief ingredients to be used in making sweets for Sankranti. But these foods should be used not just in winter, they should be used all years around, but in moderation. Jaggery being more healthier than sugar and rich in iron, it makes sense to use it through out the year. Same with peanuts and sesame.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

That is the reason why jaggery, peanuts and sesame are the chief ingredients to be used in making sweets for Sankranti. But these foods should be used not just in winter, they should be used all years around, but in moderation. Jaggery being more healthier than sugar and rich in iron, it makes sense to use it through out the year. Same with peanuts and sesame.

Incidentally, I was munching jaggery and peanuts while responding you. It's my habit all along the year. Of course as you said jaggery is more healthier than sugar.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Incidentally, I was munching jaggery and peanuts while responding you. It's my habit all along the year. Of course as you said jaggery is more healthier than sugar.

That is the best snack, better than Lays or Kurkure. I make jaggery, peanut and date laddoos often for in between snacking.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: rambabu
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

That is the best snack, better than Lays or Kurkure. I make jaggery, peanut and date laddoos often for in between snacking.

Thats anew delicacy , sounds interesting. Jaggery, peanuts and dates combo is great and healthy. 

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

How do you make this?(I don't like those items coming in that air filled covers and never feeds my children)

Visit my blogs:

http://abidareacode.blogspot.com

It's wise on the part of parents to keep the children away from Junk food.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.