How to be a good Hindu!  Advice from Praveen Togadia, VHP (a saffron outfit). Here is a link.

https://in.news.yahoo.com/togadia-s-10-point-sermon-for-good-hindus-075359636.html

However, it will be better to substitute 'citizen'  for 'Hindu'  and read the article. So better be a good citizen (not Hindu).   

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Liked Togadia 's message. He advocated to support down trodden  and oppressed. He also said untouchability should not be practiced.I 

Only an abashed optimistic can extract some good from the message. Nowadays a good Hindu is one who is largely unaware of the good of his great religion but is fully aware of the shortcomings of other religions. Bangladesh has last week appointed a Hindu judge as its Chief Justice.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

It's not mere optimism. But a firm belief.

Everyone has their own definitions of who or what good HIndu is , so does Praveen Togadia and he has the right to say what he wants, but people also have the right to either accept or throw it out....A good Hindu should first be a good Indian and a responsible citizen !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I didn't see anything abnormal in Togadi's message. I don't knhow why this Hooo... Has...

The summary has certain valid points like point no 10.which should include people of all religion in India. Secondly, why so much hulabaloo about drawing water from same well, do we see the caste of a person when we eat pani puri- whether we ask him his caste? no. Also, caste discrimination will end only when reservations come to a halt, equality should be practised rather than preached.

Similarly, point 9, I agree that our children won;t know about Hindu culture unless taught just like it is taught in other religions...so it is important and a valid point, However, visiting a temple daily is not feasible for every one.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

I found all that Togadia said is true. I agree with him and uphold his views.

Yes, like I said some points were quite agreeable and some were not, depends and differs with what is doable on an individual basis. Imagine if like other religions we will all be forced to visit temple on every Monday or Saturday, would it be possible. Many people are religious and believe in God but not necessarily visit temples.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Belief inreligion doesn't force you to visit temples. And fasting is a nature cure to flush away the wastes in your body.

rambabu wrote:

Belief inreligion doesn't force you to visit temples. And fasting is a nature cure to flush away the wastes in your body.

Yes. One day fasting in a week will make oneself refreshing and helps our body to remove unwanted contents.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.