Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The author dealt with a controversial theme namely consensual sex which was opposed by some community leaders. There's nothing new. Such incidents happened earlier too.

Fringe elements are out to destroy the freedom of expression rights and impose their thoughts on everyone. The powers to be will hopelessly watch. I thought consensual sex was permitted and is legal - what is the controversy about.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Obviously consensual sex is not acceptable to all. Writers have responsibility towards the society. They can't write whatever they like.

This has been happening since the time of Indiara Gandhi when Aandhi a beautiful film was banned simply because it resembled her life and now a book Red Saree by a foreign author was not allowed to be published because it is the life story of Sonia Gandhi and has some home truths in it wjich may not be palatable to the madame and her party ...So what is new about a book being banned ?

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Nothing new. Making mountains out of molehills.

I haven't read this book but everytime there is something that doesn't go down well or has unacceptable content, it gets banned, be it books, films or even writers are forbidden from writing. 

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

Writers, or anybody else,even a commoner have the responsibility and accountability towards the society. In the name of freedom, if one talks or writes as they like, suchcontroversies arise.

No doubt every citizen has some responsibility towards society but truth is always bitter and hence when something we choose to turn a blind eye to comes to the fore becomes difficult to accept. This is not necessarily applicable for this post but anything controversial in general. 

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

I referred the irresponsible act of the writer who has written the book  said in the post.

rambabu wrote:

I referred the irresponsible act of the writer who has written the book  said in the post.

It is an irresponsible act. As a writer he must be responsible towards society. India is known for its rich cultures and traditions. Already we are becoming more westernised. In addition to that, if people publishes like this, then our future generation will get spoiled totally. So these kind of activities should not be encouraged.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.