Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
vijay wrote:

if it is an official email some rules may apply otherwise write an email as one likes.

Exactly, this article stresses upon writing effectively for official communication using an email. For unofficial ones there are no rules barring that one should be able to communicate the message.

“A mistake is a crash-course in learning” – Billy Anderson

I feel be it for an official use or otherwise, e mails are mainly intended for effective communication in a jiffy. It's possible only by observing a set of DOs and DONTs.. Failure of which may result in disastrous results.

Eg. Sethji Aaj mar gaya. It should have been Sethji Ajmir Gaya.

rambabu wrote:

I feel be it for an official use or otherwise, e mails are mainly intended for effective communication in a jiffy. It's possible only by observing a set of DOs and DONTs.. Failure of which may result in disastrous results.

Eg. Sethji Aaj mar gaya. It should have been Sethji Ajmir Gaya.

This is a solid example of typo. But yes proofreading any kind of written document before hitting the send or submit button is advisable.

It all amounts to  carelessness, which is undesirable in the realm of communication.

The world is changing and carelessness is an old world word. Write as u please the msg must go thru. Also it is Ajmer and not Ajmir - shd it b taken seriously.Not at all the msg has gone thru.

Many of the emails I write and receive from friends and my children are like chat messages and often go on for days ... It is only when you write an offucial mail or a business letter that you take care to see that i9t is well formatted and is in 0rder..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

vijay wrote:

The world is changing and carelessness is an old world word. Write as u please the msg must go thru. Also it is Ajmer and not Ajmir - shd it b taken seriously.Not at all the msg has gone thru.

Had I written Ajmer, where is the issue? What is the new world word for carelessness? Care a pin?

vijay wrote:

I agree the spelling Ajmer is incorrectly  writter as Ajmir. But since humans don't read every character in a word hence yes the message has been conveyed. But no matter what we can't overlook such mistakes in an official communication, can we?

Obviously the purpose of writing AJMER as  AJMIR is not understood .

rambabu wrote:

Obviously the purpose of writing AJMER as  AJMIR is not understood .

It is very much understood, but even in the corrected sentence you have written it as AJMIR. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.