It is revealed that Netaji Bose family was spied for many years after independence. Is this shocking. In fact, transfer of power in 1947 was just coninuance of the same legacy. so Nehru government was doing just what British govt would do. Bose was war criminal according to British. so Nehru government would also treat him so. But many are very angry on this. 

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/jawaharlal-nehru-spied-netaji-subhas-chandra-bose-exclusive/1/429392.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

It is possible that the then govt's themselves did not believe that Netaji died in the crash in 1945. Thus they thought he might get in touch with his family members and wanted to know it. Modi govt must declassify all the files so that the truth comes out. India has seen worst law and order situations and can handle one more. What is not understood is how how will it affect relations with a few foreign countries. If it does so be it. Are htey bigger than the truth about the excellent freedom fighter Netaji. I personally feel Nehru would not have any mal intention in snooping Netaji's relations. However the present dispensation at the Centre would like to see Nehru's name villified to achieve a Congress Mukht Bharat and this news suits them. 

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Whatever Congress party and its die hard fans may believe the fact of the matter is there to see for all...Now the sycophants will go blue in the face defending , even blaming Modi and RSS and anybody else they can in their zeal to shield Nehru and his family. It would be interesting to see how this would develop in the coming days ...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

It's a historical blunder to doubt and spy on a spotless patriot like Netaji, who sacrificed everything including his ICS For the sake of this country. Good these came out.

It is totally pathetic and disgusting! It was all right for the British to view Netaji in suspicion since he had tried to form an alliance with Hitler because he wanted to free our country. But for Nehru and the congress to continue with that same thought and spying on his family for so many years is indeed shameful. It will be very interesting now to see what Nehru's descendents now have to say about it. I sincerely feel that they owe Netaji's family an apology for this.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

In fact, India's independence on 15th august 1947 was simply a transfer of power and nothing more. Everything continued as before. The Intelligence bureau and other departments were simply behaving as if nothing had changed. Bose was an ally of the axis powers viz. Germany, Japan and Italy. so he was being spied and considered as war criminal. Govt. of India was duty bound to hand him over to victorious allied powers. 

Was there any treaty or agreement to deport Netaji  and handover to the allied powers?

rambabu wrote:

Was there any treaty or agreement to deport Netaji  and handover to the allied powers?

This may be confidential and top secret. But we know that Indian independence was nothing but just transfer of power. In fact, India was converted to 'dominion status' . The governor general of India . Raja Gopalachari was appointed by British queen the same way as England born Governor Generals were appointed.  India continued in 'British Commonwealth of Nations' even after independence. Later 'British' was omitted and the organization is known as 'Commonwealth'.   The head of Commonwealth is ex officio British monarch.  This is symbolic acceptance of  British dominance. For bureaucracy- I.A.S. (formerly I.C.S.), there was virtually no difference. They worked as before but under Indian politicians. Same old law continued. even after proclamation of Republic in 1950, there was not much change.  No doubt Subhash  Chandra Bose was part of the axis powers consisting of Germany, Japan and Italy. He was international war criminal as per international law.

As independence was just transfer of power, the British officers were even paid share of pension for the service they had rendered in India. all this goes to show that the legal position of govt. of India was same after independence as before.   

Thank you said by: rambabu

Thank you Gulshanji. When Netaji was declared dead? Ok, when Netaji was a criminal, why this spying continued for  3 generations, even after the WW 2? -as far as I know, there must be an agreement or treaty for deportation of a war criminal. This is out of curiosity I'm asking you.

Gulshanji's observations raise many issues. Is it possible that if Netaji were alive in 1947, this fact was known to British and thus Indian govt. thereafter. If yes where was he. If he was with the Allied powers like Britain, USA etc why was he not tried?. If he was with Russia as  is alleged then why was he not handed over to India which had friendly relations with India? After all hundreds of German supporters at high positions were openly tried and sentenced. Why mystery is built only around Netaji who had not indulged in any genocide or targeted any community. Netaji was a tall freedom fighter of our country who had captured the imagination of all Indians with his daring feats and the INA. Nehru in fact fought the only legal battle he ever did  for the three INA soldiers. Nehru had very cordial relations with Netaji and his brothers and their families as was mentioned by his grandnephews yesterday in TV channel interviews. The whole issue of selective declassification smells of a conspiracy to malign Nehru and Congress. The whole truth must come out and then only right conclusions can be drawn. Otherwise it is fodder for supporters of present dispensation. 

Thank you said by: rambabu

Thank you vijay for an elaborate clarification. Though there are doubts, as you said, we wait.

Thank you said by: vijay
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.