Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

F.I.R. has been lodged against unidentified miscreants. The Hindutva organizations have denied any involvement saying that the make and not destroy. Today a mass meeting held condemning the vandalizing of church. People from all religions attended the meeting. Some candle light processions also organized.   

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

It's a good thing that people from all religions gathered to send a silent messagto saying such vandalism is a heinous thing, which has a limited following.

I am perturbed that a vandalism of one church perturbs the Hindu community. India has a population of 2.5% christains and thousands of churchs. The aim is conversion and this is what intrigues me. Why are we concerned about one  or two churchs ?  All over  the world , even in USA Hindu temples are dsecreted but people don't discuss this and say why it happened. We should ignore such small cases and let the police do their job. Remember in Pakistan in the wake of destruction of ONE Babri Masjid , 2000 Hindu temples were razed to earth. Hindus need not be apologitic about all this. The wrongs are mainly to the Hindus and now so called  pseudi intellectuals go about talking of a church here.

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
MG Singh wrote:

I am perturbed that a vandalism of one church perturbs the Hindu community. India has a population of 2.5% christains and thousands of churchs. The aim is conversion and this is what intrigues me. Why are we concerned about one  or two churchs ?  All over  the world , even in USA Hindu temples are dsecreted but people don't discuss this and say why it happened. We should ignore such small cases and let the police do their job. Remember in Pakistan in the wake of destruction of ONE Babri Masjid , 2000 Hindu temples were razed to earth. Hindus need not be apologitic about all this. The wrongs are mainly to the Hindus and now so called  pseudi intellectuals go about talking of a church here.

India is secular nation unlike Pakistan.  I am surprised to rad that aim of church is conversion. The Christian missionaries schools and hospitals have educated and serviced many but very few are converted.  A church is a religious place for worship/ prayer and solemnizing social ceremonies like marriage. For us, Hindu temples, Muslim mosques and Christian churches- all are sacred. Personally, I am atheist and do not subscribe to any religious thought but favor just and equal treatment of all. Incidentally, there is no question of Hindu/Christian dispute.  all people at Agra  belonging to all religions condemn the beastly and heinous act of the miscreants- whosoever they are.   

MG Singh wrote:

India is secular nation unlike Pakistan.  I am surprised to rad that aim of church is conversion. The Christian missionaries schools and hospitals have educated and serviced many but very few are converted.  A church is a religious place for worship/ prayer and solemnizing social ceremonies like marriage. For us, Hindu temples, Muslim mosques and Christian churches- all are sacred. Personally, I am atheist and do not subscribe to any religious thought but favor just and equal treatment of all. Incidentally, there is no question of Hindu/Christian dispute.  all people at Agra  belonging to all religions condemn the beastly and heinous act of the miscreants- whosoever they are.   

Would Mr Singh state at what percent in population a religion in a country should be taken seriously, Christians are less tan 2.5% in India's  population around 1,5%. Try as hard as they may missionaries have utterly failed to attract Hindus into Christianity. They have been at it for two thousand years now. Mr Singh can hopefully draw comfort from these facts. What is at stake when such incidents occur, is our secular credentials that State shall protect all religions equally. Comparisons with Pakistan are an insult to Indian ethos.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

No matter what the reasons , any such incident should be condemned by everyone....such attacks on  religious place of worship have been going on for years now and successive governments have been unable to stop them.I feel that they shd have very strict punishment when such incidents occur .It could be a Church a mosque or a Hindu temple , they shd all be given the same treatment!

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

In Agra itself, people from different religions condemned the nefarious act of vandalism . This condemnations did take place earlier too and vandalisms are going unabated. It seems perpetrators are hell bent upon continuing their activities.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
rambabu wrote:

In Agra itself, people from different religions condemned the nefarious act of vandalism . This condemnations did take place earlier too and vandalisms are going unabated. It seems perpetrators are hell bent upon continuing their activities.

If the people live in peace even in face of such vandalism, the miscreants are defeated as their game plan is failure. People only need to live in peace and not be provoked and aggressively react against other community. It is for police to book the culprits at the earliest. .   

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:

Oh that's sad. Gulshan ji but I think Agra is a sensitive place and communal rights are common there. But that's not good people consider religion more important than humanity.

Agra is more peaceful than other places like Meerut, Aligarh . Here people are very sensible and do not indulge in riots on such provocations. 

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.