There is long history of swim suits. These have been changing from time to time. Bikini came in existence in 1946. 

https://in.screen.yahoo.com/lifestyle-videos/swimsuits-history-170741869.html?vp=1

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

The link enabled me to view the evolution of swim suit from woolen suit to single piece present exotic swim suit.

Swim suit in 1946 is hard to imagine. Thanks for the information. Still in 21st century a lady wearing swim suit publicaly is not seen with an ease.

Swim suits now no more a strange thing. Nutan wore a swim suit in the movie Delhi Ka Thug in 70s.

rambabu wrote:

Swim suits now no more a strange thing. Nutan wore a swim suit in the movie Delhi Ka Thug in 70s.

Even vaijayantimala wore it in sangam in 1970s but to hear someone wearing it in 1946 is unimaginable.

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Even vaijayantimala wore it in sangam in 1970s but to hear someone wearing it in 1946 is unimaginable.

Sangam was released in 1964. Dilli Ka Thug was released in 1958. By the time  Vyjayantimala wore a swim suit, people and spectators were much used to Swim suits and Bikinis. Because Nutan wore a swim suit already as early as 1958

The emergence of swim suit in 1946 did not make the people rise their eyebrows because the swim suit  was born in Western countries which is a much free and permissive society.

A swim suit in 1946 was as common as  wearing a Suit.

You yourself wrote Delhi ka thug in 1970s. But still I have seen people raising their eyebrows when they see actresses in swim suits in films I can't imagine their reaction if they would see someone wearing it in actual.

What I said was Swim suits are no more a things to be amazed and astonished.

rambabu wrote:

You will see one in swim suit or bikini only in swimming pool. You can't expect somebody to swim in full clothes. every dress is for particular occasion. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

You will see one in swim suit or bikini only in swimming pool. You can't expect somebody to swim in full clothes. every dress is for particular occasion. 

Rightly said sir but still ladies hesitate to go to swimming pool because of this reason.

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

That rule is no more in vogue. You can see in fashion parades and the in the movies frequently. Wearing a Beach wear or swim suits has become a norm of the day.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.