Is religion an issue for appointment to a job.  This could be if the job were for post of clergy in Church, mosque or temple.  A muslim may not be appointed in some temple or mosque.  But why deny him a job in commercial concern just because he is Muslim.

https://in.news.yahoo.com/mumbai-youth-denied-job-company-says-hire-only-090952833.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

True. It is very bad that a person is rejected on the ground of religion. Is that a base at all for deciding on a job...?

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

It is a clear cut case of injustice. In this connection it is worth seeing the candidate's E mail copy sent to the youth by the jewelery company.

"The company should change their ideology, it shouldn't discriminate against candidates on basis of religion, else, the nation won't progress,"

I agree with the candidate's opinion on discrimination..

Each person should be judged individually and no general understanding should be drawn as it will leave genuine people into oblivion and their future is affected.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

As i said in my other thread, many such discriminating acts are going on. Only difference is such cases are not seeing the light. The youth can file a complaint basing on the E mail intimation sent to the youth by the Jewelry company.

It is sad part but private jobs are mostly like this though they have given in written email within 15 mins. later they say this is typographical error. Now, most of concerned organization of government investigating this. On the other hand, just make a search on naukari dot com, and there are some jobs of teachers in Kerala and Chennai where the only criterion is the candidate must be Christian. The company reportedly fired HR executive who have written this letter.

http://mohanmekap.com/

It is a clear cut case of discrimination. I have worked in many Private firms where there is no such senseless discrimination.

An overzealous and undertrained HR guy, he must be sent back to training! On the other hand, like Mohan has mentioned, Only Muslim teachers are accepted in Muslim trust run schools and only Christian teachers in convent run schools and it happens all over India. I do not hear any one complaining about that.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

That's said. Religion shouldn't be a criteria for getting a job. How can someone be denied on religion basis.

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:

That's said. Religion shouldn't be a criteria for getting a job. How can someone be denied on religion basis.

But it happened.The reality is there for all of us to see.There are many such cases of discrimination happening. Difference is they are not seeing the light.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

An overzealous and undertrained HR guy, he must be sent back to training! On the other hand, like Mohan has mentioned, Only Muslim teachers are accepted in Muslim trust run schools and only Christian teachers in convent run schools and it happens all over India. I do not hear any one complaining about that.

There is nothing wrong in only Hindu or only Muslim employee where the nature of job so requires. It is obvious that Muslim teacher would be best for religious training in madarasa.  Similarly, only a Hindu can be a priest in temple. We can make exceptions. But it is wrong to discriminate in commercial organizations where religion is not significant.  again in this case, the company did not say that they need Hindu or some other religion.  They would accept any one- Hindu, Christian, Sikh, parsi  but not a Muslim.  This is really very highly objectionable.  It is one thing to say that you need Hindu and quite different to say that you will accept any one but not a Muslim. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.