Armed forces are alleged for atrocities in North East. There is a public demand for removing the special powers to armed forces in the region. However, Tripura is the first state in region where the special power to armed forces have been withdrawn. 

http://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/state/other-states/other-cities/tripura-says-goodbye-to-afspa/articleshow/47448051.cms

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I think withdrawal of special powers to army in the NE is justified keeping in view how these special powers are abused. in the past.Army is meant for safeguarding the people.

I am afraid withdrawl of AFSPA is a retrogade step. Mark my words within 2 years the act will have to be trepromulgated. I have served in the area and the tribal are seething with seperatist theories. 

What surprises me is comments by armchair intellectuals who have never been to the area and go by biased reports and make comments like army has abused special powers act. No wonder the Chinese institute os Strategic studies says India will break up.

MG Singh wrote:

What surprises me is comments by armchair intellectuals who have never been to the area and go by biased reports and make comments like army has abused special powers act. No wonder the Chinese institute os Strategic studies says India will break up.

There are many reports of torture and even rape by armed forces. We cannot brush these aside. I remember that once women in North East staged a nude march with posters- Rape us.   This was in the backdrop of atrocities by armed forces including rape. This is true about army generally- India or abroad.  I remember that during liberation struggle in Bangla Desh (Then East Pakistan) Pakistani soldiers raped many women.  Special powers to army may be considered as necessary by many but the actual atrocities including rape also are fact and cannot be brushed aside.  Armed forces are no doubt guardians of our borders but they are no angels.  

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: rambabu
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

There are many reports of torture and even rape by armed forces. We cannot brush these aside. I remember that once women in North East staged a nude march with posters- Rape us.   This was in the backdrop of atrocities by armed forces including rape. This is true about army generally- India or abroad.  I remember that during liberation struggle in Bangla Desh (Then East Pakistan) Pakistani soldiers raped many women.  Special powers to army may be considered as necessary by many but the actual atrocities including rape also are fact and cannot be brushed aside.  Armed forces are no doubt guardians of our borders but they are no angels.  

Exactly sir. Many agitations took place in the past in protest against the atrocities against women I uphold the Government's 's decision.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

I am surprised at the step, the army is working in very tough conditions in that area and if the special powers withdrawn at the demand of local groups it will not be good for moral of the army. It's better to deploy BSF or CRPF to avoid the situation.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Withdrawing the special powers to army in Tripura is very much Justified. The army atrocities against woman have  reached Zenith. Irome Sharmila a woman social activist has been doing hunger strike for the last 12 years. In this context it is appropriate on the part of Tripura government to withdraw the powers of army.

rambabu wrote:

Withdrawing the special powers to army in Tripura is very much Justified. The army atrocities against woman have  reached Zenith. Irome Sharmila a woman social activist has been doing hunger strike for the last 12 years. In this context it is appropriate on the part of Tripura government to withdraw the powers of army.

In that case withdraw army from all border states because there are one or two cases of atrocities in almost every area. And while on the subject I suggest to dump police forces also as they too are blamed for such incidents. The wiser step is to punish the guilty and not to take the powers back from all forces. We should know if there are few real cases of atrocities there are false cases framed against them too.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Had it been few cases, yes the army powers should not be withdrawn. But they were rampant. So rampant that their atrocities on women have become a menace to the society. There need not be any withdrawal of army powers from all the border states. It's only inTripura the atrocities were rampant. Framing or real cases were verified. And it's only after confirming the veracity , the govt had to take the extreme case of withdrawal.

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
MG Singh wrote:

I am not concerned with Pak army. My only suggestion is to take a holiday tour of these areas. Discussion on paper is fruitless and evaluate youself. Many retired persons do such factfinding and educative trips. Best of luck. Maybe you could write a book. However I do not accept that army carries out rapes only. A rape can happen anywhere?

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.