The topic is locked.

Yeah. You run as fast as you can to escape from the chasing dog. You are not alone. Many of us do like you.

But, what you are really supposed to do is not to run away but to stop and stare at the dog. The dog turns away.

It is the same with dealing adversities in life. Don't run away but face them. Confront them with courage and boldness. The adversities simply melt away.

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
  • Re: What do you do if a street dog chases you?

    by » 4 years ago


    The street dog is the only thing that I am scared of. I try to avoid them as much as possible but yes the fact is running will not solve the problem but either avoid them or stand still and try to make them believe you're no lesser dangerous.


    I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

    https://o0.nz/


    Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

  • Re: What do you do if a street dog chases you?

    by » 4 years ago


    Standing still is the best solution. A dog too cannot face a person who stands still and stare in its eyes.


  • Re: What do you do if a street dog chases you?

    by » 4 years ago


    I disagree with that since I have seen street dogs stopping at nothing when they want to chase you or whatever else they want to do, there is no question of stopping and staring back since they come even closer..The only thing that really helps is carrying a stick with you while walking when you know that there are dogs out there, they see the stick and stay away....


    Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!


  • Re: What do you do if a street dog chases you?

    by » 4 years ago


    Anyhow. I never encountered a street dog that chased me and succeeded.


  • Re: What do you do if a street dog chases you?

    by » 4 years ago


    Such problems, including street dogs, normally are scared away when we stand still and confront them. Yet I have seen street dogs that will still keep coming at you once they are determined to do so, because that is what they think their fundamental function is, to chase people.


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


    Thank you said by: rambabu

  • Re: What do you do if a street dog chases you?

    by » 4 years ago


    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

    Such problems, including street dogs, normally are scared away when we stand still and confront them. Yet I have seen street dogs that will still keep coming at you once they are determined to do so, because that is what they think their fundamental function is, to chase people.

     

    Ahaha... fundamental function ? true in many cases. But, I never encountered such chasing stray dogs. I agree my experience need not be everybody's experience.

     


  • Re: What do you do if a street dog chases you?

    by » 4 years ago


    rambabu wrote:
    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

    Such problems, including street dogs, normally are scared away when we stand still and confront them. Yet I have seen street dogs that will still keep coming at you once they are determined to do so, because that is what they think their fundamental function is, to chase people.

     

    Ahaha... fundamental function ? true in many cases. But, I never encountered such chasing stray dogs. I agree my experience need not be everybody's experience.

     Funny it may sound, but if you have observed those dogs, they take their job of chasing people quite seriously!

     


    "I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
    - W. C. Fields :)


  • Re: What do you do if a street dog chases you?

    by » 4 years ago


    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
    rambabu wrote:
    Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

    Such problems, including street dogs, normally are scared away when we stand still and confront them. Yet I have seen street dogs that will still keep coming at you once they are determined to do so, because that is what they think their fundamental function is, to chase people.

     

    Ahaha... fundamental function ? true in many cases. But, I never encountered such chasing stray dogs. I agree my experience need not be everybody's experience.

     Funny it may sound, but if you have observed those dogs, they take their job of chasing people quite seriously!

     

    I have been seeing these stray dogs wagging their tails towards you menacingly during my regular morning walks.

     

     


  • Re: What do you do if a street dog chases you?

    by » 4 years ago


    I once encountered this situation way back in 2003 or so when i was a small child, though it is not of a street dog. I was coming back from the tuition along with my brother through the street and we both were running back to our home. My brother saw a dog early and stopped and indicated the same to me but i could not understand. I kept running and suddenly all of a sudden it sprang upon me, I was terrified and sub-consciously my hands caught its ears, it kept on barking and i could do nothing, but i did not leave it's ears and after sometime it's owner came and took it away.

    Later i knew that if that dog would have bitten me then 15 injections would have been needed. I was relieved and also shocked to know that fact.


    Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!


  • Re: What do you do if a street dog chases you?

    by » 4 years ago


    Knowingly or unknowingly your brother done the right thing. It's because you started running, the dog chased you. You are lucky it's not a street dog it's a pet dog  which are generally vaccinated . Such pet dogs will not cause rabbies. I assume the owner has got his pet vaccinated.


You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.