Book reading rewarded me in many ways.

It made me think.

It made me learn.

It made me imagine.

While on discussion , i request the members to mention their reading habits and the benefits they are rewarded with through Book Reading.

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/nischala-murthy-kaushik/9-good-reasons-you-should_b_7304862.html?utm_hp_ref=india

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Reading comes befor writing just as listening comes before speaking.  Personally, I read newspaper daily. I used to read many maazines and periodicals in pre internet era. Now I read only morning newspaper and the professional magazines during day.  I seldfom read word by word. I go through titles, headings, subheadings, index more.  Often, I find that reading the introductory and conclusive parts suffice.  By concentrating on heading and titles, I cover more area than it would be possible reading each word.  Such reading helps me know everything on topic even though not very deeply. But when I actually deal with a case, I read thoroughy the relevant materials. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

Reading comes befor writing just as listening comes before speaking.  Personally, I read newspaper daily. I used to read many maazines and periodicals in pre internet era. Now I read only morning newspaper and the professional magazines during day.  I seldfom read word by word. I go through titles, headings, subheadings, index more.  Often, I find that reading the introductory and conclusive parts suffice.  By concentrating on heading and titles, I cover more area than it would be possible reading each word.  Such reading helps me know everything on topic even though not very deeply. But when I actually deal with a case, I read thoroughy the relevant materials. 

Absolutely.. There is a saying, " If you want to become a good writer, first of all You should be a good reader."

Reading is a great experience which updates our knowledge base.  Reading is a pre-requisite for writing. It makes us think and enhance our imaginations. Whatever we write is a reflection of what we read.

A great Article written. Indeed reading does a world of wonders. One one end it makes way to remove our stress and burden and on the other hand it improves our knowledge, makes us to learn things of life through reading and makes us wise. The imagination point is the best part i liked. The writer covered almost every bit of what reading does to our life. It improves our reasoning, analytical abilities and makes us know and enjoy life through its lessons and in such a short time.

In short reading is entertainment combined with infotainment.

Life is like a boat in a sea, there is a lot to learn, so never close your mind to your limited experiences!

In addition to what you said, ASKING constitutes the important part of gaining knowledge. By asking the knowledgeable people around, You can acquire a vast of amount of knowledge. In the absence of wise people, the next best thing is through reading Books which are the less expensive.

I have always held that no education is complete without developing a reading habit in your student.When I was a student we had a library hour twice a week when we sat in the reading room, browsed through the books and also borrowed books of our choice for a week..We had to pay a nominal amount for this as part of the fee structure. I so wish that we had this practice now since I see students hardly reading and taking any interest in books except their text books...Of course those who read know all the benefits of reading ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

True Usha.. There is a lot of truth in the saying, If you want to be a good writer. Be a good reader."

The habit of book reading should start from the home itself. For this the parents should see that there is a congenial atmosphere in the home.

I fond of reading, especially techno books, I read newspapers especially English and local dailies. Most of times, news reading is based on reading headings and only article of great importance I read it carefully. I read books from its back end, from behind to front and most of times, I read editorial articles from end to begin.

Recently, I finished the great book written by Denis Whitley, "Empires of the mind" brilliant book on creating incredible powers from within of ours to overcome ignorance, prejudice and mediocrity. It has 14 chapters and I recommend to read it says empires of furniture will be empires of mind.   

http://mohanmekap.com/

That is a good hobby you have. Book reading makes you think and broadens your knowledge base. By this you have an edge over others as far as knowledge is concerned.

Thank you said by: mohan manohar

Books are always our best friends, readily available whenever we need them. I love reading books because they take me through wonderful worlds of fantasy, reality, myths and miracles; and sometimes beyond time and space. But nowadays it seems the habit of reading books in our new generation is gradually declining due to the wide spread internet culture.  

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.