The topic is locked.

Curd is an excellent source of good bacteria and aids digestion

But as with most of the foods, there are some rules that you need to follow for consuming curd.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/home-remedies/Should-you-eat-curd-at-night/articleshow/47329398.cms

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Good link....Personally I love curds and so does my family, so we have it at every meal .... I guess it also depends on how your constitution responds to certain food items !~

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

I too am an admirer and lover of thick curd. It's very look makes my mouth water. But if you add some water to curd and make it butter milk, the indigestion problems will be no more. The nutrients in Buttermilk are not lost.

In villages and towns people who keep pet animals usually take curd at day time and milk at night. I live in a small town where animal milk is easily available, during summer time I mix 'Rabdi' with curd. It becomes very tasty and protects from summer diseases.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

In villages and towns people who keep pet animals usually take curd at day time and milk at night. I live in a small town where animal milk is easily available, during summer time I mix 'Rabdi' with curd. It becomes very tasty and protects from summer diseases.

It seems Rabdi and curd mix is a good combo. Tasty and healthy.

I never eat curd at night. This may cause cough. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

But, you can convert curd in to Buttermilk by diluting the curd and adding a small piece of lemon, which has many health benefits.

I avoid eating kadhi at night as it causes indigestion for me but I don't find anything wrong in eating curd/raita/lassi at night. Curd is good for health especially in summer.

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

A strange combination . Actually milk and curds should never be eaten together as it may cause cough by increasing phlegm in our body. It may taste good but it is a toxic combination according to Ayurveda.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:

I avoid eating kadhi at night as it causes indigestion for me but I don't find anything wrong in eating curd/raita/lassi at night. Curd is good for health especially in summer.

Curd is having dual benefit. It acts as a coolant as well as nutrition provider to the body.

Curds and buttermilk both are the best coolants for our body. But curds should not be to sour otherwise, it causes more problems than benefits.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: rambabu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.