The topic is locked.
Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Curds and buttermilk both are the best coolants for our body. But curds should not be to sour otherwise, it causes more problems than benefits.

Absolutely. Sour curd damages the gums. Fortunately, I use more butter milk which helps in reducing the uneasiness in the stomach due to indigestion,.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

In villages and towns people who keep pet animals usually take curd at day time and milk at night. I live in a small town where animal milk is easily available, during summer time I mix 'Rabdi' with curd. It becomes very tasty and protects from summer diseases.

A strange combination . Actually milk and curds should never be eaten together as it may cause cough by increasing phlegm in our body. It may taste good but it is a toxic combination according to Ayurveda.

No I am not talking about mixing milk with curd, I am talking about 'राबड़ी' , which is made mixing the flour of Pearl Millet (Bajra) or flour of other cereals in curd with salt, then cooking it in the night. Then mix this 'Rabdi' with curd in the morning.

http://www.comparenshop.in

The preparation Rabdi is something new in my state AP. anyhow curd can be used in daytime. It's use is not advisableI during nights. Instead curd can be converted into buttermilk during nights. It's useful in preventing uneasiness in the stomach due to indigestion.

rambabu wrote:

The preparation Rabdi is something new in my state AP. anyhow curd can be used in daytime. It's use is not advisableI during nights. Instead curd can be converted into buttermilk during nights. It's useful in preventing uneasiness in the stomach due to indigestion.

It is popular in Rajasthan. In villages of Rajasthan many people use it, as it reduces the effects of warm air on our body. It works just like antibiotic in summer.

http://www.comparenshop.in

Thank you said by: rambabu
Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:
rambabu wrote:

It is popular in Rajasthan. In villages of Rajasthan many people use it, as it reduces the effects of warm air on our body. It works just like antibiotic in summer.

Thank you Manoj for clearing my doubt. Each region will have a special delicacy of its own with therapeuticqualities .

Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

In villages and towns people who keep pet animals usually take curd at day time and milk at night. I live in a small town where animal milk is easily available, during summer time I mix 'Rabdi' with curd. It becomes very tasty and protects from summer diseases.

A strange combination . Actually milk and curds should never be eaten together as it may cause cough by increasing phlegm in our body. It may taste good but it is a toxic combination according to Ayurveda.

No I am not talking about mixing milk with curd, I am talking about 'राबड़ी' , which is made mixing the flour of Pearl Millet (Bajra) or flour of other cereals in curd with salt, then cooking it in the night. Then mix this 'Rabdi' with curd in the morning.

RABDI is famous in Bihar I think at our place don't know about it. People here prefer lassi (sweet as well as salted).

SJ- Rabdi is one of the most famous dishes of your area (all over north India), probably you pronounce it differently. Ravari or rabdi is nothing but layers of sweet malai of milk served cold mostly in earthen pots.  

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Sanjeev Gupta wrote:
Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
Manoj Kumar Lamba wrote:

RABDI is famous in Bihar I think at our place don't know about it. People here prefer lassi (sweet as well as salted).

Yes, Manoj has clarified this point to me. Anyhow lassi is a good drink for health. Because, curd is not directly used. It's butter milk. So health benefits are assured.

We should not take curd in the night.  It takes more time for digestion in the night. There is the myth  about curd it gives cool to the body.  In the siddha medicine,  they never recommend curd but they instruct  to take buttermilk. 

LAUGH, IF YOU ARE WISE.

Answay yOu look, be it in Ayurveda or Siddha,it's clear , curd should not be taken directly especially during night. Diluted curd that's buttermilk by all means is good.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.