Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
usha manohar wrote:

Transgenders and transvestites are totally different ...Transgenders are born difficient without properly developed sexual organs , either male or female.This sometimes results in hormonal imbalance and they develop breasts but manly voice and gait and so on...Transvestites are those who dress and behave like the opposite sex and this is not a recent phenomenon either ..

In some cultures, transvestism is practiced for religious, traditional or ceremonial reasons. For example, in India some male devotees of the Hindu god Krishna, especially inMathura and Vrindavan, dress in female attire to pose as his consort, the goddess Radha, as an act of devotion.[7] In Italy, the Neapolitanfemminielli (feminine males) wear wedding dresses, called the matrimonio dei femminielli (marriage of the femminielli), a procession takes place through the streets, a tradition that apparently has pagan origins - ( Wikipedia )

I have read about certain saints in Mahrashtra who considered themselves as Radha and dressed in all feminine finery and sang songs of devotion to Lord Krishna and even danced. This type of devotion is called Madhura Bhakti and is held in very high regards. So I am surprised that transgenders and eunuchs are treated so differently. The truth is that, it is human nature to either be scared by or oppose something that we do not understand well or are unable to accept. That is why such contradicting emotions are seen everywhere.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: usha manohar

These are genetic disorders which are much better understood today and thus an expectation is that society's behaviour towards them will change. They have existed throughout history but now they can look forward for better treatment. 

Only solution for the transgenders problem is to accept them as they are.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.