BJP leader and governor Kalyan singh wants to amend the national anthem composed by Ravindra Nath Tagore. I wonder how some body can even think that he is competent to amend a poem by Ravindra Nath Tagore- a poet of international standing.

https://in.screen.yahoo.com/kalyan-singh-wants-write-national-100700325.html

https://in.news.yahoo.com/rss-pracharak-kalyan-singh-trying-divide-people-brinda-084400465.html?vp=1

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I too feel that there is absolutely no need to change since it can be interpreted in any way depending on the changed circumstances in our country... Kalyan Singh should concentrate on issues that really concern the country rather than go into such trivialities 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Why, what's itching Kalyan Singh of BJP ? This is the reward paid to the Noble Laureate who has forsaken his knighthood  as a protest against Btits?

Now we had a lot of nonsense from these raw headed, thick skulled politicians. Enough is enough.

This is long lasting demand and I remember Gulshan Ji also said in a thread that our National Anthem is nothing but praise of British Emperor so if a few words are changed there is no harm.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

The BJP demands removal of "Adhinayak" from the national anthem. The word Adhinayak means, the big lord. It can be interpreted in the present scenario as the lord who controls the world. Then it was interpreted as George VI which is no mre relevant. Demand for removal of ADHINAYAK is not justified.

Why should we associate everything with BJP and there is no dictionary that says Adhinayak means Big Lord but it means Big Boss or Dictator. So what is the harm if the word which reminds us of slavery days is replaced by a more relevant word?

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

First thingsfirst. The demand came from BJP. let me clarify, what if the meaning of Adhinayak means Boss ? Spiritually in Hinduism we call god as lord,like lord Jagannadh . If lord Jaganadh is wrong,yes, Adhinak is also wrong. Secondly why we talk about a matter which at present is unnecessary when there are other burning problems plaguing the country ?

rambabu wrote:

First thingsfirst. The demand came from BJP. let me clarify, what if the meaning of Adhinayak means Boss ? Spiritually in Hinduism we call god as lord,like lord Jagannadh . If lord Jaganadh is wrong,yes, Adhinak is also wrong. Secondly why we talk about a matter which at present is unnecessary when there are other burning problems plaguing the country ?

अधिनायक clearly and literally means a dictator and there is no way the word is used for Lord Jagannath or any other Lord.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Thank you said by: rambabu, suni51, Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

अधिनायक clearly and literally means a dictator and there is no way the word is used for Lord Jagannath or any other Lord.

Thank you Kalyani for the clarification. What I wanted to impress upon you is why this issue brought now when there are other pressing problems like BJP's silence on Lalit Modi issue.

rambabu wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
rambabu wrote:

Thank you Kalyani for the clarification. What I wanted to impress upon you is why this issue brought now when there are other pressing problems like BJP's silence on Lalit Modi issue.

To be honest, if we consider the complicity of Lalit Modi issue, it is not very important at all. For starters, we need to raise and question issue of prominent congress leaders who allowed Anderson, the chief accused of Bhopal Gas Tragedy to escape the country overnight and never brought back. Anderson is now dead and nothing can be done about it, but the people who allowed it happen should be brought to justice. There is no relation between two cases but people who demand BJP's action against Lalit Modi should realise hypocrisy of their thoughts and understand that cricket is not greater than people's lives. So why are people who demand BJP break silence not speaking about more graver issues??

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

rambabu wrote:

You said it, we used to call Lord to every British that came and ruled over us. We are no more slaves of British so we can safely remove Adhinayak (and yes, also Sindh as the state of Sindh has gone to Pakistan- not necessary though) Let's be a little more practical.

Thank you said by: rambabu
You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.