Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Private sector banks' employees work 12 hours against six of nationalized banks besides their job is not permanent but based on quality of work. Government banks pay all perks and facilities including pension at par with government employees. And the way SBI employees treat its customers is some thing to watch upon. The SBI is surviving because all government accounts are with SBI. That means they will be paid extra for the transactions on government accounts mainly. 

I dont know how it is in your part of the country but my experience with SBI has always been cordial and I find the staff ever helpful .I have had an account with them since more than 20 years now and compared to the other private banks find them better in every way...I have accounts with ICICI and Yes Bank and other than paying more for all extra transactions in these private banks I don't find them any better than SBI ..

I personally do not have account with SBI but my mother has since she gets pension from central government and have visited an SBI branch many times with her. What I have observed is the staff at SBI are quite partial and treat most of the customers very rudely and some quite nicely.

Then I can only say that it is different scenario here in Mangalore where the staff in most of the branches, who are mainly local are very friendly and helpful...In fact I use my SBI account more than other accounts like ICICI and Yes bank because of the service and low charges for other transactions ..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Private sector banks' employees work 12 hours against six of nationalized banks besides their job is not permanent but based on quality of work. Government banks pay all perks and facilities including pension at par with government employees. And the way SBI employees treat its customers is some thing to watch upon. The SBI is surviving because all government accounts are with SBI. That means they will be paid extra for the transactions on government accounts mainly. 

I dont know how it is in your part of the country but my experience with SBI has always been cordial and I find the staff ever helpful .I have had an account with them since more than 20 years now and compared to the other private banks find them better in every way...I have accounts with ICICI and Yes Bank and other than paying more for all extra transactions in these private banks I don't find them any better than SBI ..

I personally do not have account with SBI but my mother has since she gets pension from central government and have visited an SBI branch many times with her. What I have observed is the staff at SBI are quite partial and treat most of the customers very rudely and some quite nicely.

Then I can only say that it is different scenario here in Mangalore where the staff in most of the branches, who are mainly local are very friendly and helpful...In fact I use my SBI account more than other accounts like ICICI and Yes bank because of the service and low charges for other transactions ..

Yes Usha we cannot judge a bank based on the staff from only one or two branches but as a whole, there probably might be other branches with better staff. It depends not on the bank but on the actual people who work there to make a positive or a negative image.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

Yes Usha we cannot judge a bank based on the staff from only one or two branches but as a whole, there probably might be other branches with better staff. It depends not on the bank but on the actual people who work there to make a positive or a negative image.

True Kalyani, SBI provides so many services with lowest interest rates - like home loan, education loan etc...I have helped a couple of students get education loans through SBI for studying abroad and they are really happy with the terms and SBI gives some special benefits for girl students . Recently, I was surprised at how quickly they processed an education loan  for a boy studying in Australia , within a week..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I Have an account with SBI too but use it only when necessary, the staff of SBI is too busy to entertain its customers but always busy making government drafts or handling government accounts. The Crowded branches with government staff and students seeking drafts is totally a put off for an ordinary customer. 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

I Have an account with SBI too but use it only when necessary, the staff of SBI is too busy to entertain its customers but always busy making government drafts or handling government accounts. The Crowded branches with government staff and students seeking drafts is totally a put off for an ordinary customer. 

That is news to me because in my branch too they have  these activities but they have a different counter for that and it does not interfere with customer service. Added advantage is that you can use SBI bank account for identity proof and since it is the largest bank, there are ATMs in every corner of the city and even in small villages ...

Over a long period, I observed customers are not at all taken care by SBI. Where as, in HDFC right from the entrance floor personnel will ask about your requirements. Immediately, the customer is directed to the  relevant counter. And this is the beginning. If the counter is full, the floor personnel immediately offer a seat near by. To sum it all every step you will see the courteous behaviour of the bank. Of course, I agree This costs more to the customer. But i feel there is nothing wrong in buying comfort.

I have an account with SBI and find that they are same in treatment as private  bank employees. Technology is a great leveller. SBi also attracts larger number of customers which puts extra load on its employees as compared to private sector banks. @Sun51 saying that public sector employees work only six hours as against 12 hours by private sector banks is not true. Private sector banks employ only one person where two are required and psy 1.5 times salary and save ).5 times salary. But in the process the poor employee's life is ruined as he has to work like a donkey with no time to enjoy. 

rambabu wrote:

I too had the same experience when I had my account with SBI. For this reason i left SBI and switched over to HDFC. Despite all other reasons attributed like high charges etc, I found their Customer care is impeccable..

I also have an account with Kotak for same reason, but giving 3% of profit is not the best of proposals and will not bring efficacy and now it will become a practice and when there is loss it will still have to be paid or there will be strike. Indians function like that.

MG Singh wrote:
rambabu wrote:

I too had the same experience when I had my account with SBI. For this reason i left SBI and switched over to HDFC. Despite all other reasons attributed like high charges etc, I found their Customer care is impeccable..

I also have an account with Kotak for same reason, but giving 3% of profit is not the best of proposals and will not bring efficacy and now it will become a practice and when there is loss it will still have to be paid or there will be strike. Indians function like that.

Possible. Above all If SBI's  customers services are seen one cannot miss their " Who cares" attitude. Which why, though the transaction charges etc in a Private Bank are higher, people will not hesitate to join as a customer .

usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
suni51 wrote:

That is news to me because in my branch too they have  these activities but they have a different counter for that and it does not interfere with customer service. Added advantage is that you can use SBI bank account for identity proof and since it is the largest bank, there are ATMs in every corner of the city and even in small villages ...

As kalyani said some branches/person maybe different but most SBI branches are too busy with government work. Possibly smaller branches with not much government work to handle provide better services to their customers but in our area almost every SBI branch does not care for saving account holders. I only use online banking in 'must use' cases.

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.