Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

i would also like to stay and live every bit of life in india but its also true that i love to be an AMERICAN i wish i could stayed in AMERICA  

bhuyali saroj

Well. That is your will and pleasure. Because the thread started with a Question. "What you prefer to be ?" participants expressed their opinions. It's but natural.

With increasing industrialization India is also gradually becoming like America sooner or later. Industrial societies will become like America. However one  has to accept the fact that a lot many Indians would like to study at Indian costs and go to America to earn at their rates and enjoy it during visits to India. May seem selfish but that is the reality. 

Definitely. It may be selfish or not. But because  the thread asks about your preferences and options. To that extent we need not judge the reasons for one's choice.

bhuyali saroj wrote:

i would also like to stay and live every bit of life in india but its also true that i love to be an AMERICAN i wish i could stayed in AMERICA  

Unless you go to America and live there for a number of years get your green card first and then hope you can become a citizen within the next 5-6 years ...You can hope to be an American and live in India but you will have to give up your Indian citizenship once you become an American citizen since we have no dual citizenship for us common people 

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

One can continue to stay in US without becoming an American citizen and continue with their Indian citizenship. Amartya Sen is one such Indian passport carrying American "citizen" living since many decades in USA.

Dual citizenship is given only to a few eminent people who  have made positive contributions to the society ...There are quite a few who receive it from time to time.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Still, P refer to be an Indian though there are several opportunities available ( My daughter is a green card Holder.) for me. There is a charm in being an Indian.

suni51 wrote:
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:

For me, this is not a question of preference. I'm Indian because I was bornb in Rawalpinndi (undivided India, now in Pakistan). I am Hindu because I was born in Hindu family. I am Hindi speaking because I have most lived in U.P.  I am male because I was so born. There is no option again.  We must recognize our identity as this is and like this. There is no other way. any other way will lead you to mental assylum if carried too far. 

You mean in Agra :) in place of America?

Presently I'm at Agra and feel easy here. I've been educated in Allahabad, Kanpur and Meerut. So I'm very much Hindi speaking.  I'm used to the culture and nature of U.P. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

suni51 wrote:

For me, this is not a question of preference. I'm Indian because I was bornb in Rawalpinndi (undivided India, now in Pakistan). I am Hindu because I was born in Hindu family. I am Hindi speaking because I have most lived in U.P.  I am male because I was so born. There is no option again.  We must recognize our identity as this is and like this. There is no other way. any other way will lead you to mental assylum if carried too far. 

You mean in Agra :) in place of America?

Presently I'm at Agra and feel easy here. I've been educated in Allahabad, Kanpur and Meerut. So I'm very much Hindi speaking.  I'm used to the culture and nature of U.P. 

That is the point. It's a question of getting used to a particular environment. This why people stick to their own places of living from the beginning.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.