A competition on the topic- why we write'  just concluded and some membersgot reward. My congratulations to them.  I am tempted to highlight the importance of writing. There are road side bulluiesand Dabangs for whom physical power is supreme. But the ultimate power is in writing. One who can write well can do wonders. Pen is mightier than sword.  It has been rightly said that civilized nations are ruled by books rather than personal whims. Oyr country is ancient civilization. We have a lot of literature in Sanskrit- Vedas, Smritis, Pyranas that define duties of citizens, rulers and others. Presently, it is the written word in constititution and allied law that govern our activities. So just communicating forcefully with appropriate aurhorities  is in iteslef a big weapon. We have just to appreciate full potential of power of writing. Once you do this, you are the king.

Here I may narrate a sall anecdote. Oncein Moghul period, a big army officer (sipahsalar) went to desk of army clerk (munshi) and asked for immediate payment. As the munishi was a bit busy, the sipahsalar had to wait. He was angry and shouted- Munhsiji, I will break your teeth for making me wait like this!. The munshi calmypaid him. Next month, when sipahsalar visitedpay office, the Nayab munshi asked the sipahsalat to show his identity. He pointedto a mole on his right cheek. But the Naib munshi said that as per record, his identity is of two broken teeth in front. The sipahsalar tried to convince that he always got slary only by identifying his mole. But of no use. The sipahsalar went to a dentist (Zarah) and got his rwo front teeth pulled out. Then he got salary. Meanwhile the Munshi appeared from somewhere. The sipahsalar said- Munshi ji you are winner.  Ther Munshi could break the teeth of sipahsalar by might of his pen. That is how pen is mightier than sword.    

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Thank you for your congratulations. You have explained the importance of writing using an appropriate anecdote effectively. Writing helps you in expressing your thoughts to others; A good writer wins the hearts of the people.Which is why I made writing as a powerful tool of expression.

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

No doubt, the said words may forgotten but written words stay forever. During independence struggle, this is the pen who always motivated people to fight for their right and country. Then we had no internet and video calls still those messages had bigger impact on people. Whether it was print media or secret letters, it was the expression by the person which made the big differences.

Even now, a strong message in social media can have big impact on people's life. So yes, the power of pen will always be there.

Regards

Jeets

True. We are well aware of the power of pen in influencing the people. Recently a girl died in the dirty game of ragging. The authorities were silent on taking an action on the authorities of the college. Then her friends circle garnered public support through twitter in a such a way that the authorities had to bow down. Ultimately an enquiry committee has been constituted to probe in to the matter.

Power of expression is a great gift that human beings possess. Everyone can think, but only a good writer can convert his thoughts into words in a language that will steal the heart of the reader. Whenever I read a good book, I always wonder how effortlessly these great writers use their words that tempt us to read the book completely with great interest. Words have amazing power when expressed in writing with their real feelings and sensation. Yes, pen has mighty powers. It can create friends and enemies; it can create wars and treaties; it can spark a revolution; and it can kindle lamps of love and conquer the hearts of millions……     

Pen has an unlimited power to impress the readers in many ways. But utmost care has to be exercised while using the power of pen. Wisdom lies in using the might of pen Ina limited way.

RAMAKRISHNAN. A wrote:

Power of expression is a great gift that human beings possess. Everyone can think, but only a good writer can convert his thoughts into words in a language that will steal the heart of the reader. Whenever I read a good book, I always wonder how effortlessly these great writers use their words that tempt us to read the book completely with great interest. Words have amazing power when expressed in writing with their real feelings and sensation. Yes, pen has mighty powers. It can create friends and enemies; it can create wars and treaties; it can spark a revolution; and it can kindle lamps of love and conquer the hearts of millions……     

Well said...that's precisely why the they say Pen is mightier than sword ! Everyone can write but it is only a few who can write well and capture the readers imagination.

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: RAMAKRISHNAN. A

For any Writeup there will be "Point of interest" : around which the whole writeup revolves. The ability of the writer will be known in choosing that right Point of interest. If the writer succeeds in selecting the correct Point of interest the writeup will become a Master piece. Else it will become another writeup.

That is a very amusing anecdote. Power of writing is indeed mightier than the power of sword. Lately, however, the power of expression has now converted into power of exhibitionism, that is exhibiting might, gold, money etc. and words such as abusive, threatening words are the ones that are considered mightier than anything else.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

I agree with you but with slight difference. The muscle power by far overpower the might of pen these days unless the user of pen has official power in his hands (even that to a certain extent). 

I love this free image hosting site for sharing my work

https://o0.nz/

Muscle power appears to be triumphant for sometime. But ultimately Pen power emerges as the Champion.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.