Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Well, we like it or not the poor animals do need advocate of their own who will speak for them, defend them so who better than Maneka Gandhi! She is our own version of Dr. Doolittle!!

True Kalyani, she does her bit ...One of my relatives works for her organisation and says that she is very committed towards her cause . She is herself looking after stray dogs,cats,  stray donkeys etc...

Yes Usha, she is totally dedicated to her cause and I must say it is a worthwhile cause, at least much better than humans. Although her initiatives has caused damage to some by being too stringent in her ways. For example, her ban on Sable farming has caused a severe scarcity of fine sable hair brushes, due to which all artists hold a grudge against her! LOL!

Man cannot live without using some of animal service or products. all we need to see that there is no undue or excessive cruelty to animals. It happens that when some one is involved in a single pursuit, he will lose the overall view and concentrate only on single issue. Menaka Gandhi is so involved in animal world that she will ignore everything else.  Once she suggested that leather horse whips should be replaced with rubber whips so that the race horses should not suffer more pain. But the jockeys experienced that the less painful whips would have no affect on the horses. 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

Excessive cruelty has a tremendous effect on animals. It causes animals to either be aggressive or reserved and frightened. If the Jockeys found that using rubber whips has no effect on the horse it is due the fact the horses have become  either reserved or frightened.

rambabu wrote:

Excessive cruelty has a tremendous effect on animals. It causes animals to either be aggressive or reserved and frightened. If the Jockeys found that using rubber whips has no effect on the horse it is due the fact the horses have become  either reserved or frightened.

The horses get so little pain from rubber whips that thare is no affect.  A whip has no affect unless this is harsh enough. even the school boys do not fear a wooden scale but are scared by more painful cane. . 

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

The horses get so little pain from rubber whips that thare is no affect.  A whip has no affect unless this is harsh enough. even the school boys do not fear a wooden scale but are scared by more painful cane.

The same thing happens if school boys are excessively punished resulting in becoming rebellious.. It also holds good to some of the parents who punish the children excessively thinking that Caning makes their children disciplined.

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
rambabu wrote:

The horses get so little pain from rubber whips that thare is no affect.  A whip has no affect unless this is harsh enough. even the school boys do not fear a wooden scale but are scared by more painful cane. . 

Any kind of physical punishment to school children is a punishable offence, one can neither use a scale nor a cane ...In fact if we come across such instances we have to immediately bring it to the notice of the law authorities..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Such cruelties can be brought to the notice of Children Right Commission also an independent body.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:
Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:

Well, we like it or not the poor animals do need advocate of their own who will speak for them, defend them so who better than Maneka Gandhi! She is our own version of Dr. Doolittle!!

True Kalyani, she does her bit ...One of my relatives works for her organisation and says that she is very committed towards her cause . She is herself looking after stray dogs,cats,  stray donkeys etc...

Yes Usha, she is totally dedicated to her cause and I must say it is a worthwhile cause, at least much better than humans. Although her initiatives has caused damage to some by being too stringent in her ways. For example, her ban on Sable farming has caused a severe scarcity of fine sable hair brushes, due to which all artists hold a grudge against her! LOL!

Although I am not a professional artiste nor a painter but have gone for painting classes - I and my daughters do quite a bit of painting on canvas and fabric in our leisure time and use sable hair brushes ...I agree that they are much smoother and softer than the synthetic ones which go rough after it is used for a while..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Kalyani Nandurkar

I am using both sable hair brushes and brushes made of synthetic fiber. And I use them regularly. Not a single day passes without a sitting before my easel. My observation was, both of them are equally good.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.