at dinner, it is necessary to observe some dos and don'ts. Never use table as elbow rest. Don't use  napkin wrong way. Other don'ts:

https://in.news.yahoo.com/10-things-never-dinner-party-160000972.html

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

I would like to add two more to the list. .

Never belch.

Never slurp.

I would like to add one more:

Never look here and there to see what others are eating ...

A good addition.

Some people  have really bad table manners - they spill food all around the plate and sometimes  take food from other peoples plate  or transfer food from their plate to others' plates, lick their fingers ..Use tooth pick on the table in front of other people after they finish eating. The list is endless !

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Simply say "excuse me, please; I'll be right back" when leaving for the restroom. Leaving without a word is rude.

usha manohar wrote:

Some people  have really bad table manners - they spill food all around the plate and sometimes  take food from other peoples plate  or transfer food from their plate to others' plates, lick their fingers ..Use tooth pick on the table in front of other people after they finish eating. The list is endless !

You are writing about table manners but we most of Indian like to eat on mats. Write some about it. Before starting eating we must be thanks to God.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

You are writing about table manners but we most of Indian like to eat on mats. Write some about it. Before starting eating we must be thanks to God.

Table manners be it western or Indian, there are certain rules to b followed.

The thread is about table manners. Even in Indian marriages and get together we are following the western  type of Buffet dinners.

anil wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

Anil, I may use the term table manners but etiquette is the same whether we sit on the table or sit on the floor especially when you are among other people. Many families start the meals with a word of thanks to the creator or god ..Some dont! It is left to the family depending on their convenience. Indians eat with hands and instead of using the whole hand one shold eat using the fingers only, the palm should never be messed up with food .

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.