who ever thought of 'married heroine'.  The theme of most romantic movies centred around single hero and single heroine who would ultimately be married to each other. But what if both are married at the very beginning. This means new themes. May be of family break up and divorce.  Marriage of divorced hero and divorced wife. There was one movie 'kabhi kabhi'  differeing from usual theme. 

https://in.movies.yahoo.com/post/126153459439/is-bollywood-ready-for-the-married-heroine

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Yes sir. The belief  that Unmarried Hero and Heroine will be successful at the Box office has been shattered with the un conventional movie Kabhi Kabhi. More than that the movie was successful and I hope the trend will continue.

Yeh Raaste Hai pyar ke was also about a married woman played by the beautiful Leela Naidu  and her affair with a playboy Rehamn and the dilemma her husband, played by Sunil Dutt,  faces when he is confronted with the truth. For those days it was a land mark film..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani

Now the movies are cast in the same mould. If you see one movie you have seen all. It requires guts to produce an off beat movie. New wave movie movies started with Shyam Benegal, if I am right Actors like Naseeruddin Shaw and Girish Karnad set new trends in the field of histrionics.

Yeh Rastey Hai Pyar Ke was based on a real life story of Nanavati.

Stereotypes are indeed changing in Bollywood which is turning more and more towards reality than fair tales and fancy dramas. Earlier, the moment a heroine got into wedlock, no matter how young and beautiful she was, she immediately could be cast only in the roles of mother and sister. A heroine had to be a single woman. Now more and more heroines are still playing the main role even after being married for years, example, comeback film of Madhuri Dixit, Kajol etc.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

True. The belief that  after marriage everything comes to a grinding halt is gradually fading away.  Sri Devi has staged a great comeback with her movie EnglishVinglish.

rambabu wrote:

True. The belief that  after marriage everything comes to a grinding halt is gradually fading away.  Sri Devi has staged a great comeback with her movie EnglishVinglish.

Yes she looked every bit as beautiful and young as she was more than a decade ago before she disappeared!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

For some SriDevi's action looks childish. But that's her uniqueness. In the movie EnglishVinglish her humorous acting proved that she retained her versatility as before.

usha manohar wrote:

Yeh Raaste Hai pyar ke was also about a married woman played by the beautiful Leela Naidu  and her affair with a playboy Rehamn and the dilemma her husband, played by Sunil Dutt,  faces when he is confronted with the truth. For those days it was a land mark film..

The movie is based on a true story. There is well known Nanavati (a naval officer) case.   

G. K. Ajmani Tax consultant
http://gkajmani-mystraythoughts.blogspot.com/

Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The movie is based on a true story. There is well known Nanavati (a naval officer) case

Yes sir. That the movie is based on the real life story of commdr. Nanavati. was stated by me in the earlier threads. This is about an illicit affair. 

Thank you said by: Gulshan Kumar Ajmani
Gulshan Kumar Ajmani wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

The movie is based on a true story. There is well known Nanavati (a naval officer) case.   

Yes I am aware of that although the story was changed a little while filming it..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.