That turmeric has been considered holy and auspicious in India for millennia makes so much sense.

A compilation simple recipes so that we all can put the power of turmeric in our own hands. Enjoy!.

http://www.treehugger.com/green-food/7-homemade-turmeric-teas-and-elixirs.html

Like it on Facebook, Tweet it or share this topic on other bookmarking websites.

Turmeric is an antiseptic, antibiotic, antifungal and excellent coloring agent. When we have cough often we use to take milk with pepper and turmeric and sometimes with liquorice. When we start day with this simple turmeric teas it is a great start and make us more productive.  

LAUGH, IF YOU ARE WISE.

I agree with you. The virtues of turmeric are well known to the entire world. And there is no house in India without Turmeric.

Most of them we already make home traditionally although the one with Vanilla seems a little odd!

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

All the turmeric teas are not made in every hold. But some are very common to majority of the households and even in some Tea stalls. Turmeric Ginger tea is a regular in our home.

A pinch of turmeric is added to herbal tea that we make at hoe using some local herbs and roots...Thankfully Turmeric has its roots in India and other south Asian countries and we can say it is our own herb..We make sweets using leaves which has a lovely aroma , a piece of the leaf is also used while making home made ghee along with a pinch of turmeric to give it a rich color and flavor..

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

One reason for the popularity of Turmeric is, it serves as a healthy food ingredient and an auspicious  ingredient for religious purposes.

usha manohar wrote:

A pinch of turmeric is added to herbal tea that we make at hoe using some local herbs and roots...Thankfully Turmeric has its roots in India and other south Asian countries and we can say it is our own herb..We make sweets using leaves which has a lovely aroma , a piece of the leaf is also used while making home made ghee along with a pinch of turmeric to give it a rich color and flavor..

We too make a particular sweet preparation of rice flour, jaggery, and grated cucumber which is steamed on turmeric leaves. Turmeric leaves are also used by coastal people to make several fish preparations.

"I am free of all prejudice. I hate everyone equally."
- W. C. Fields :)

In my state AP Turmeric is a must in almost all food preparations. And turmeric is used both as a spice and medicinal herb.

Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. It has powerful anti-inflammatory effects and is a very strong antioxidant.

Kalyani Nandurkar wrote:
usha manohar wrote:

We too make a particular sweet preparation of rice flour, jaggery, and grated cucumber which is steamed on turmeric leaves. Turmeric leaves are also used by coastal people to make several fish preparations.

I guess it is similar to what we prepare except we use grated coconut mixed with jaggery for filling ..very tasty and it is prepared by almost all Hindus on Nagara Panchami , which incidentally falls on the 19th of this month...

Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead !!!

A healthy tonic can be  made with coconut water, ginger and honey. This tonic can be preserved in your refrigerator and can be used in the mornings. This tonic will make you active all along the day. A few  fresh mint leaves sprinkled over the tonic will enhance both the look and taste.

You do not have permissions to reply to this topic.